DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
not a sceintific test or theory but what do you think about the left throwing everything in the air trying to get it to stick and bash the President, spend millions upon millions of dollars, ruin many people names/careers, etc all of it BS and not even an apology or explanation, they just create as you say a "epiphany or fantasy" to try to get what they want

collusion, ZERO proof
thowing kavanaugh under the bus and was totally made up
destroying many people because they worked with Trump pretty much for petty crimes, etc
It's standard politics anymore unfortunately - regarding Kavanaugh at least. As far as the president goes, it's not the left that started investigating him - Mueller is a lifelong Republican. All this began under Republican leadership in all 3 branches of government.

On a side note... Build the wall, see if it works. If not, rip it down.
The wall will be built once the supreme court rules he has the legal right to spend the money. Trump wins again.

You want to stop illegal immigration, stop giving them all the benefits, free healthcare, welfare, food stamps etc, etc. Of course that won't happen because the radical leftist politicians want them here. So there is only one solution. Build the wall and make the penalties more severe once they are caught.
Sure, secure borders are needed. But a wall does not solve our problems. You can't just build a wall and think it will do the job on its own. It will still need to be monitored at all times - by real people. Because if it isn't, it will be quickly breached. There is this fantasy that once a wall is built that it will solve most of the immigration and drug problems - at least that's how it's being sold. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I suspect there are much easier ways to smuggle drugs & people than spending weeks trekking through the desert.

And what's to be done about the 12,000+ miles of coastline? The Canadian border? Tunnels? Drugs can be dropped by drones or RC airplanes. Err put a GPS tracker on a package & hurl it with a big trebuchet. Nobody will ever know it crossed the border.

Couldn't agree more on the benefits though. Those are for citizens...err should be.

Not one thing said (by Trump Worshipers) about legislation to fine and jail the employers which hire the illegals. You want to stop the majority of illegal immigration? Stop the Hiring by Employers like Mar-a-Lago.
I've personally always thought this was a better alternative to immigration reform - pursue the people who hire illegals. Illegals, for the most part, come to the US because of job opportunities. Take that incentive away, and suddenly it becomes a lot less enticing to cross the border illegally. I wind up on construction sites now and again as part of my job & on any larger site, it's pretty clear that a big chunk of the labor is illegal. And nobody cares.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You know there will be No fine which is more proof of your Hypocrisy. You believe the laws apply to everyone except Trump and his Supporters.
Hypocrisy? The question was asked. Do you have proof that illegals were/are working there? Lots of foreign workers work at the Trump properties like everywhere else. And all of them that I'm aware of are there legally. That's part of our compassionate nature. We allow people to come here and work under the H-2B program.

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
Hypocrisy? The question was asked. Do you have proof that illegals were/are working there? Lots of foreign workers work at the Trump properties like everywhere else. And all of them that I'm aware of are there legally. That's part of our compassionate nature. We allow people to come here and work under the H-2B program.
Riiiiight. The guy's been involved with construction projects for decades & you think he's never hired illegals? Baby Jesus weeps.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Riiiiight. The guy's been involved with construction projects for decades & you think he's never hired illegals? Baby Jesus weeps.
what he did in the past is irrelevant, what he does today is what matters.

·
Registered
974 Posts
He is not above the law. You'd need to apply that to everyone. I think that'd go over like a fart in a spacesuit.
no he's not, i agree, if he had illegals working for him years ago than so be it, if thats the best you can do about discrediting him than i feel for you. illegals taking American jobs is the least of my concern, Americans are lazy and do not want to work, than again many do not have to thanks to the dems. certain Americans choose not to work when they get everything for free and manipulate the system

much more concerned about the criminals and the drugs they are bringing, work is a distant #3 on list for me

·
Registered
293 Posts
I said all that I'm aware of. Do you have any proof of illegals working in the Trump companies? Thousands of businesses employ foreign workers. Here's a thought. How about giving Trump some credit for providing a living to thousands of families.

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
no he's not, i agree, if he had illegals working for him years ago than so be it, if thats the best you can do about discrediting him than i feel for you. illegals taking American jobs is the least of my concern, Americans are lazy and do not want to work, than again many do not have to thanks to the dems. certain Americans choose not to work when they get everything for free and manipulate the system

much more concerned about the criminals and the drugs they are bringing, work is a distant #3 on list for me
I'm not trying to discredit the guy. He does a good enough job of that on his own.

Hard to overlook the contradiction here though. It's ok if he breaks the law, but you complain about the 'criminals' :rolleyes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's standard politics anymore unfortunately - regarding Kavanaugh at least. As far as the president goes, it's not the left that started investigating him - Mueller is a lifelong Republican. All this began under Republican leadership in all 3 branches of government.

Mueller's best friend is Comey. McCabe is a registered republican too and started this fradulent investigation because of his wife's ties to the Clinton's and also because of the Trump/Comey fued. Wait to you see what happens to McCabe before too long. He knows he's headed for destination fucked now that there is a new AG

Sure, secure borders are needed. But a wall does not solve our problems. You can't just build a wall and think it will do the job on its own. It will still need to be monitored at all times - by real people. Because if it isn't, it will be quickly breached. There is this fantasy that once a wall is built that it will solve most of the immigration and drug problems - at least that's how it's being sold. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I suspect there are much easier ways to smuggle drugs & people than spending weeks trekking through the desert.

The wall is a deterrent. It's not the end all be all but it will damn sure help a lot.

And what's to be done about the 12,000+ miles of coastline? The Canadian border? Tunnels? Drugs can be dropped by drones or RC airplanes. Err put a GPS tracker on a package & hurl it with a big trebuchet. Nobody will ever know it crossed the border.

He's not trying to seal off the entire country. Just where there are massive problems.

I've personally always thought this was a better alternative to immigration reform - pursue the people who hire illegals. Illegals, for the most part, come to the US because of job opportunities. Take that incentive away, and suddenly it becomes a lot less enticing to cross the border illegally. I wind up on construction sites now and again as part of my job & on any larger site, it's pretty clear that a big chunk of the labor is illegal. And nobody cares.
Take the incentives away and very few will come

·
Registered
974 Posts
I'm not trying to discredit the guy. He does a good enough job of that on his own.

Hard to overlook the contradiction here though. It's ok if he breaks the law, but you complain about the 'criminals' :rolleyes:
seriously, if you are going to compare him to murders, rapist, drug dealers, gangsters because he may have hired some illegals for work, thats comical because every business has done it, cant compare the 2.

how is he discrediting himself, he's doing exactly what he ran on to win the Presidency, name another that has done that

if you don't think we need a border than i feel for you, you are part of the problem, look at the crime rate and drug epidemic and if you don't c that you are blind, funny thing is Obama saw the problem and pretty much said the same thing Trump has, only thing is Obama didn't have the stones to do it and Trump does

·
Registered
293 Posts

I'm curious since you say you're in the center. What policies of his so far do you think discredits him?

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
seriously, if you are going to compare him to murders, rapist, drug dealers, gangsters because he may have hired some illegals for work, thats comical because every business has done it, cant compare the 2.

how is he discrediting himself, he's doing exactly what he ran on to win the Presidency, name another that has done that

if you don't think we need a border than i feel for you, you are part of the problem, look at the crime rate and drug epidemic and if you don't c that you are blind, funny thing is Obama saw the problem and pretty much said the same thing Trump has, only thing is Obama didn't have the stones to do it and Trump does
1st thing just because

he discredits himself by delivering a miserable fact to fantasy ratio on an astronomical scale regularly - among other things

I already said I prefer a strong border. I think. If I didn't, I do. I just doubt the efficacy of building a massive wall in the middle of the desert.

·
Registered
293 Posts
1st thing just because

he discredits himself by delivering a miserable fact to fantasy ratio on an astronomical scale regularly - among other things

I already said I prefer a strong border. I think. If I didn't, I do. I just doubt the efficacy of building a massive wall in the middle of the desert.

No specifics on discrediting himself??

·
Slowpoke
1,359 Posts
I meant what specific policies do you feel has done harm to the nation?
Wholesale deregulation

Embarrassment on the global stage.

For starters. But that's a long discussion.

Is it not enough that someone who claims to be so tough on crime is accused of so many crimes? Do I really need to say it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wholesale deregulation

Embarrassment on the global stage.

For starters. But that's a long discussion.

Is it not enough that someone who claims to be so tough on crime is accused of so many crimes? Do I really need to say it?
1. I consider deregulation vital. I'm curious how/why you would be against that?

2. Fair enough. He def doesn't act like a statesman at times but some like that.

3. Two years of the most powerful people in the world against him hasn't uncovered one single crime as of yet. Will they find something, how can they not? No one is that clean. Jesus himself couldn't withstand what they are trying to do to Trump but we will see what they come up with. I'm WAY more concerned with all the crimes committed by all the others (Clinton, FBI, etc) that has gone unpunished

221 - 240 of 255 Posts