DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing, I've seen YouTube videos & thread posts about the question:
What is "The Big 3?"

All SEASONED Veterans to kindly refrain from answering this, just lay back and watch the replies. After 50 or so posts, you may add comments. Don't come runnin in all at once.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
approximately 1/3 of the big 10? :D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*****Seasoned Veterans, which includes 500 Club Members, I did leave a disclaimer toward the end of my post! Behave now.*****

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If I met a busty chick with a 3rd boob I would refer to those as the big 3 :D. Ok, on a serious note I will back out and wait to see what some of the new guys put.

·
Registered
641 Posts
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I needed this this morning:D

·
Registered
1999 Pontiac Firebird Formula
158 Posts
I can't discern the intention or tone of this thread, but I guess I'll be the one to stick my neck out to get my head chopped off.

Now, this is just trying to recall what I remember from about 3 years ago when I had serious headlight dimming and was reading up on the issue (so go easy on me, posting like this goes against everything that I know is right).

Wiring, battery, alternator.

Ten seconds of research with Google before I hit the 'post' button told me that I was wrong.

How to upgrade the Big Three

Larger wires from battery to positive on alt, larger battery neg to chassis, larger engine ground to chassis.

·
Registered
120 Posts
well as a noob I almost feel bad answering this, but I always thought the big 3 were grounds in the engine bay, battery to chassis, alternator case to chassis and engine block to chassis, ideally the same chassis spot.

I once read years ago that one of the big 3 was alternator positive to battery positive, which makes sense, but always thought the big 3 were grounds only.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts