1,978 Posts
man those are some killer prices

wonder who is building them as they look like the extremis basket

199 for a full component set is banannas

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the component sets will have a car audio flange instead. That's what he's explaining on the website. Due to a mixup in the order they received home audio flanges on the tweeters. That's why he's doing a pre-order now. If it wasn't for the mixup, these'd be ready by now.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've been waiting to see all of these drivers. I especially like the poly mids for $60 a piece! Can't wait to see the specs on those :D

I guess you can't get the CF cone one unless you buy the car audio kit, huh? Also, no separate prices for individual drivers without the xovers? :mad:

·
Registered
605 Posts
:eek: Now I just need to get authoization to upgrade the home IB.... :(

I've very interested in the midrange driver. Can't wait for specs....oooooh the suspense.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I really don't think $200 is bad for a full set w/ crossovers, it's just most DIY's don't need the crossovers. If the set gets reviewed well, there's not many sets out there for $200 that could compete. But for $300, I think he's pushing the limits. There's plenty of good comp. sets out there for that price............

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
its 199 preorder only for the carbon fiber, and retooled tweeter/crossover set

Retail $299

and I doubt theyd seperate the carbon fiber from the componet set upon first run, hence why I bet they made the poly version

man im searching everywhere to discern what motor that is that can produce that much throw in a 6.5" driver??

any ideas

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
nope Chad and Dan dont like each other too much LOL

see soundillusions.net for the full story of ascendant vs adire

or ask ology audio :eek: :eek: :D :D :D :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
I guess I am too new to the game to undestand old rivalries. I did hear off some arguments. I frequent ca.com so I heard what went down between ology/feandil and dan. Seems like the guy makes enemies left and right.

·
Registered
531 Posts
ology = deadbeat company that will never get off the ground.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I'm not mistaken, the new motor functions on the same principle as XBL^2, at no point in the excursion of the driver does the coil leave the gap. If XBL^2 uses 2 gaps and 1 coil, this new technology (which isn't exactly new) uses 1 gap and 2 coils to achieve the same results. The extended length due to two coils probably explains why the magnet is longer. It's something like that.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hmm, now I am torn...its either gonna be:
Dayton RS 12 HO
DIY 12
Assault 12

Damn, I might just need to buy all 3 of them :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
finally... assault. been waiting for MONTHS to get an avalanche with no luck. i may actually wait til people start selling them off to get the new ones. and man those mids look fantastic

1 - 20 of 40 Posts