DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a set of ppi s2.65c from this place after they were highly recommended by the salesman. Looking online, not only are they discontinued, but they're like 70 bucks. I paid 120 for them. Ya I got screwed. I can return them but only for store credit.

Are these components good, or decent?? Should I trade them in for another overpriced piece of junk like subs or a sub amp?

I know I got took and it was a buyer beware thing and I thought I wanted them NOW, but buyers remorse has set in and if they suck I wanna put that money into something useful and get the f away from there. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
You didnt get "took". You spent more money to buy from an authorized brick and mortar store. Prices in the store will always be higher than online prices.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Do you think maybe they are $70 online because they are discontinued? Typically when new models come in at online whorehouses they "blow out" the old or discontinued models to make room for the new hot stuff.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I realize I'll pay more at a store. Are these comps ok though?? I plan to put these in my 03 Tahoe and throw a thunder 282 on them for the time being.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Life lessons are rarely free.
You will be ok:)
Next time do your homework first.
Have a good idea of what you want and what a fair price for it is to you.

After you get an amp on them please let us know what you think of them..

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You didnt get "took". You spent more money to buy from an authorized brick and mortar store. Prices in the store will always be higher than online prices.
exactly. You wouldn't be so mad if they blew and the shop replaced them for you on the spot instead of paying to ship them back to the online warehouse and a 2 week turnaround.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The dealer probably paid more than 70 bucks cost on the speakers. And then he had to drive to his shop, turn on the lights, make the coffee, crank up the air conditioning, probably pay a bill for the store online...and then sell you the speakers.

We all know online prices don't usually compare to in store, but there are good reasons to go to a shop. You said you wanted speakers right away. That's a great reason to go to a shop.

I hope you enjoy them, I'm sure they'll sound good.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The dealer probably paid more than 70 bucks cost on the speakers. And then he had to drive to his shop, turn on the lights, make the coffee, crank up the air conditioning, probably pay a bill for the store online...and then sell you the speakers.

We all know online prices don't usually compare to in store, but there are good reasons to go to a shop. You said you wanted speakers right away. That's a great reason to go to a shop.

I hope you enjoy them, I'm sure they'll sound good.
I agree, a shop that doesn't sell a TON of product will most likely have a higher cost per unit than an online seller. Also they have to pay for the operating expenses of their location.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I realize I'll pay more at a store. Are these comps ok though?? I plan to put these in my 03 Tahoe and throw a thunder 282 on them for the time being.
Why dont you search online for some reviews on the comps. I know there were folks who liked the 3 way version if these

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
well a couple of things for you... The comps are technically still Current, as new models have not rolled over yet, and stock still available from PPI, second, yes you over paid, as RETAIL is currently $89.99, so you paid over 20% over full retail (before taxes, if the $120 included taxes). I understand brick and mortors having to stay alive, as i need to do the same.. But i dont condone charging over full retail.. There is no need for that.. Are the comps a $89.99 value, yes they are.. we have installed a few sets of them actually.. but that is it.. They are a $89.99 value... Are there some comps out there that are better at the same price point, yes there are, like the Massive Audio VK6...

The question is did you buy the comps for that price carry out the door, or was it a installed price... If a installed price, then you are on par with speakers with installation.. There are alot of considerations when dealing with brick and morter stores.. I mean, if you would have walked in and said, i found online for $70 can you match, they might not have, but could have come close i would think (again Retail $89.99)... you can take back and get store credit (a option you said you had), but will you pay over retail for another pair... Cant tell you what to do, as you have to make your own decision. GL

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
triple post --- what is going on with this site.. damn........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts