DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really only looking for an o/s Soundstream. I realize there arent many true class A amps, but from what I gather, they can still sound better on highs.

Ive seen some Soundstreams like the 10.0, but what are considered the "good ones"? My tweets are 6ohm so Im looking for something thats at LEAST [email protected]?

Any advice would be great, Im new to this fake class A stuff:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Really only looking for an o/s Soundstream. I realize there arent many true class A amps, but from what I gather, they can still sound better on highs.

Ive seen some Soundstreams like the 10.0, but what are considered the "good ones"? My tweets are 6ohm so Im looking for something thats at LEAST [email protected]?

Any advice would be great, Im new to this fake class A stuff:)
I used to run my Scans with a Soundstream Class A 6.0 and to this day it was the best they sounded. It is IMO a perfect tweeter amplifier.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Never seen more than 25 Watts in a pure class A amp. Current just gets out of hand really fast.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

·
Registered
546 Posts
Minbari's right. Class A is generally has low output power because of the high constant current draw and low efficiency. A car aint exactly the best environment for this either. I have been searching for a true class A amp for a while now to run my L1 Pros on. There are a few kits that you can build and change the power supply over to run on 12v.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already aware that these "Class A" amps are just Class-A biased, hence why I said "fake class A" in the OP. Im not even looking for true Class A as I know of their downsides.

Either way, my plans change every day. Im bored as hell here on deployment and Ill be home in about a week! Just trying to get stuff on order for when I get home. If anything, Ill probably settle for a DLS A2...even if its A/B

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
well designed class A/B or even class D can sound very nice. in the end, unless you sit in your garage and listen alot, at 60MPH you wont tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I already aware that these "Class A" amps are just Class-A biased, hence why I said "fake class A" in the OP. Im not even looking for true Class A as I know of their downsides.

Either way, my plans change every day. Im bored as hell here on deployment and Ill be home in about a week! Just trying to get stuff on order for when I get home. If anything, Ill probably settle for a DLS A2...even if its A/B
Have a budget? Coz there's a nice pair of Sinfoni 60.1HD in the classifieds...

Kelvin

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Those Sinfoni's seem sweet...but, boy...at a hefty price probably more than what the comp set cost. Those Soundstream Class A50II that are on ebay will make for a nice tweeter amp. Maybe the price won't get out of hand? Well, results vary on ebay....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts