DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kind of interested in these speakers because crossovers are bi-amp capable with additional input for bi-amp operation. I like the idea of being able to time align the speakers and adjust tweeter levels (beyond what's allowed with passive crossovers), but I do not wish to go active for the cost of it. I am thinking of putting the tweeters in door sails.

Should these speakers run well in normal mode (without bi-amping) I probably wouldn't bother with bi-amping. Has anyone heard these speakers? Worth the price? I am looking for detailed but smooth, non-fatiguing, and airy tweeter sound for on-axis or up to 50 degree off-axis, and clear mid-range. Mid-bass does not need to be stupid loud, but I wish mid-bass sound to be robust and well-controlled. Budget is well under $300.. the less the better. Should the tweeter be suboptimal for me, I could swap it with Seas neo aluminum tweeters I already have (that's why I want bi-amp capability to be "safe" for such operations).

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I almost got the t2s about 2 months ago but when i heard them at a local shop i didnt really like the sound. the tweet was kinda um like a speaker in a tin can if you know what i mean.
I was interested for the same reasons as you. But after i heard them i was really put off buy them and glad i didnt just go and order them off sonic like i started to.
A freind of mine that works at the told me to listen to the owners truck so the next day i did just that.
I got into the truck thinking that he was running the t2 mind you.
When he played a few tracks i was like damn they sound alot better in your truck than they do on the board and he was like we dont have these on the board.
Turns out he was running these DLS Reference RM6.2 (RM 6.2) 6-1/2" 2-way Component System.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, then, I am glad I didn't buy them. I went with Hybrid Audio Imagine speakers, kind of blindly without hearing them first because I don't think I can hear them locally. They are easily bi-ampable since the woofer does not need a crossover and the tweeter can run with an 2.2uF capacitor in-line. I was not disappointed. I didn't buy the RF T2s because of some many negative reviews about tweeters, which often don't work new straight out of box. This did not sound encouraging.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The new Rockford power series speakers are actually pretty decent. I think you can get better for less, but still nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts