DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First post here so hoping you guys show a noob some love. I am building my first real system and I was referred to the "audio expert forum" from my friends over on SVTPerformance. I'm shopping for a nice SQ component system, keepin' it 2 way, for my F150.

I have my eyes on CDT ES-65iUS system and I was wondering if anyone has experience with these and what they can tell me about sound quality of this set. I'm looking for accurate reproductions of accoustics and strong mids. Also, I'm wondering if the "upstaging" will be ok considering I'm mounting the tweeters in the factory location (a-piller just above dash, a good distance from windshild) which point almost directly at each other.

Thoughts on these would be great and I'm definitely open to any other suggestions the experts have for me.

Thanks for the input fellas!

Derrick

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
First things, welcome to the forum! I'm a CDT Audio dealer and I've run their speakers in my car for a year now. I've really enjoyed the sound quality even with CL line speakers, which is entry level. The UpStage system is a really elegant solution for raising the soundstage in vehicles that have the mid and tweeter mounted near each other. Since you would mount the tweeters in the factory location on the dash, I suspect the benefits of UpStage would be greatly diminished. You could save $100 and go for the ES-62i 2-way set that excludes the UpStage tweeters and crossovers.

Make sure you have a good quality amp on them as well as a high quality source unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! And savin' money is always good!!

I haven't decided on an amp yet but I will be using an MS-8. I'm assuming the MS-8 will have enough power for the tweeters and I just need to focus on a 2-channel for the mids w/a 200W RMS per/chan?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
That question is better answered by someone else. I don't know if the 18 W/channel off the MS-8 is good enough to balance levels with 200 W/channel on mids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts