DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to Dylan Matlow of ology audio and this was the setup he reccomended for my 5.25" active 2 way set up. Anythoughts? I have around $500 to spend on this, this route will cost less than $200. Any other suggestions needs to be 5.5"woofer or less and must have a mouting depth of less than 2.75", also MUST be a compact dome tweeter. This will be going ib in my already sound deadened door. I listen to techno rock and a very small amount of rap. I was thinking of going with the seas lotus reference tweets and some type of mid, but since dylan reccomended the lpg and vifa combo, I figured it would have to be damn good, since he knows what hes talking about. SO please any comments, or suggestions on a 2 way setup for < $500.
-Bryan

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Sounds like a great setup. With $500 you may want to investigate some nicer mids... Dayton reference (debucked), Seas Nextel, Scan-Speak revelators, etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meh, I think I change my mind like 10 times a day :( Right now i am 90% sure on seas reference tweeters and morel MW168, hopefully this will be my final setup. Should be around $400....

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I'm a big fan of the MG woofers. But for a 5.25" 2-way setup, the MG woofer wouldn't be in the running. With only 5.25" you'll be challenged for midbass. So you'll want a driver that offers the best midbass in that size, and frankly it ain't gonna be the MG mid.

·
Registered
415 Posts
..arent the ScanSpeak Revelators the best >5.5" for midbass (or lowend extension)..? ..or was that before some of these newer mids came out?

well SS Rev 5.5" wil run you about $450 plus some LPG's about another $70 whichs gets you too $520 - hows that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would you prefer the lpg's over the seas lotus reference tweets? The seas tweets have all gotten awesome reviews, would either of the two be able to keep of with the scans?

·
Registered
107 Posts
npdang said:
Sounds like a great setup. With $500 you may want to investigate some nicer mids... Dayton reference (debucked), Seas Nextel, Scan-Speak revelators, etc.

What is debucked?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Any thoughts on scan speak revelators and the seas lotus reference tweets? How well would they integrate? Also this may be a newbie question, but whats the difference between a woofer and a midrange, which one do i want for my two way setup?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
You want something that can play midbass, as well as midrange... or known as a mid/bass.

I'd go with the Scan/lpg setup... since the 5" Scans have more bass than the Dayton 5".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts