DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 pairs of MTX Audio TR65C and Pioneer AVH G219BT Head Unit
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those who have heard their speakers, what are your opinions on the sound quality for the bucks of those speakers. To be more specific, I would like to enquire about their X Line and Discus Line speakers and Tweeters

·
Registered
612 Posts
they are owned by maxxsonics, they are no longer mb quart. they just own the name. you should be able to get much better speakers around the same price range.

Reactions: Sancetiano

·
Registered
612 Posts
where are you located? what brands do you have access to?

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Which all brands do you suggest in the budget price range.
Take a look at Rainbow speaker systems - good sounding sets for reasonable money (Platinum and Reference are pretty expensive)
ESB 5000
GZ - Uranium/Nuclear
Morel - Tempo
Dynaudio Esotec line
HAT - Legatia or lower series
ALPHARD -Black hydra (SQ line - very good sounding speakers, very dynamic and acurate)
Focal - Polikevlar or Flax

·
Registered
612 Posts
Take a look at Rainbow speaker systems - good sounding sets for reasonable money (Platinum and Reference are pretty expensive)
ESB 5000
GZ - Uranium/Nuclear
Morel - Tempo
Dynaudio Esotec line
HAT - Legatia or lower series
ALPHARD -Black hydra (SQ line - very good sounding speakers, very dynamic and acurate)
Focal - Polikevlar or Flax
he posted in another thread he has a $250 budget for speakers and a subwoofer

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
would not touch the stuff now. I ran MB quarts for years and this was pre maxxsonics. If you are staying 250 for speakers and subs, I would probably look used. Can it be done for 250, it can. Basically you need to say what comps can I get for 150 bucks. I think it is much easier to find a sub for 100 dollars.

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T
289 Posts
I have a set of QSD - 213 actual MB Quart separates that i bought new for 700 that retailed I think at the time for 1300. At the time they were their top of the line components. I have done several builds and have lot of drivers mostly Morel product. They are in great shape and for sale. Like all lines there is the entry level and their SQ line which the QSD's were their SQ line

Camera lens Audio equipment Gadget Reflex camera Electronic instrument

·
Registered
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 M/T
289 Posts
By the way what is interesting about the cross overs is when the tweeters are getting a lot of signal, the bulb in the cross over gets pretty bright, honestly don't know what that means but I was pretty happy with the performance of the set

·
Registered
612 Posts
OP has an india flag on his profile, that's why i was wondering his location and what brands he had access to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
These are excellent for their low price. They do a great job with a factory head system, and provide a lot of level.

Particularly where they suffer a little is they are attempting too tough to provide very low end bass, and as a result, do not have some low mid bass punch.

The metal tweeters are likewise extremely intense, sometimes excessive so, relative to JBL or genelec.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.