DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale ATM in my local area are a set of A/D/S 246ix 6 inch splits & 234is 4inch splits. Both with original crossovers.
The 6" are marked "as new" while the 4" are marked "never used"

I have read that these were great speakers back when A/D/S was around.. But how would they compare to speakers of today??
As car audio has moved in leaps & bounds in the past 10 to 20 years.. How would they stack up today???

Cheers

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Very very well but buy them and see for yourself. Worst case resell them on here as I'm sure somebody will buy them up quickly...like me haha:)

· Registered
2,794 Posts
depends on price, there are a lot of nice speakers out there today, the ADS are 15-20 years old, very fine in the day

· Registered
217 Posts
i started with the a/d/s/ a6is , then moved onto the 346is , they were very good speakers to me, that was back in the late 90s with the a6is model, and i acquired the 346is in 2008-2010, with speakers that old, i would be worry about the surround rot or just coming apart from the basket. these speakers have very good mid bass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.