DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to add a sub to my existing build. Previously, I had a custom enclosure that allowed a GB12 to fire across the rear seat of my truck. The enclosure was stole and I’m thinking of just plopping a sealed enclosure made by adire with a Brahma 12 behind the driver seat, so taking the floor space away from the left driver side rear passenger seat. If I do this with the adire enclosure it can fire either directly into the back of the drivers seat or directly towards the bottom of the rear seat bench (see pic). Although it may not be ideal, I’m curious if anyone thinks this is a very bad idea.

There are 3 other subs in the build and although the Brahma isn’t needed, I like to be able to add a little more bass than some sq builds. The existing dsp tune will be updated
to account for the new sub,
enclosure and placement.

The full build

Pioneer 4400nex hu
Brax ml3 dash mids
Morel mt230 tweeters in sail panels
Center channel: dynaudio e430 + Audiofrog gb10
Audiofrog gb60 in front doors
Morel hybrid mw6 in rear doors
Mosconi pro 5/30 amp
Mosconi pro 4/10 amp
DD dm1000a amp
Addictive Audio p13.4 amp
Helix Ultra dsp
Two JL audio 10tw3s
Adire Brahma 12”
Focal Ibus20 8" sub
370a ces alt
Ces 0.8v voltage booster
2 full throttle agm batteries
Big 3 upgrade
Hushmat cld on all doors, rear wall and headliner

Attachments

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, the enclosure is too tall to position it so that the sub points straight up (towards the roof).

This is the enclosure I’d like to use, if it will work.

My next option would be a custom enclosure and having it fire across the cab as I did with the GB12.

Attachments

· Registered
504 Posts
Hmmm, idk how loud you like to listen and take my advice with a grain of salt...

But I would think if you pointed it towards your seat or towards the back it might help with vibration giving the subs position away. In the sense of one side of your seat vibrating more than another part. If you point it backwards it will still reflect and them long waves will come back to you anyways.

If you end up getting the enclosure, just experiment. Subwoofer placement is free to play with. Unless you want it firing across lol

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,454 Posts
Why an 8, two 10’s and a 12?
Sounds like a tuning nightmare. Just simplify to a pair of 12’s…they’ll do everything you want and sound better doing it.

Reactions: nyquistrate

· Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It’s in part due to the space restrictions of the vehicle. Only shallow mount subs will fit behind the rear seat. The focal definitely helps bring the bass to the front of the vehicle. It was tuned by a highly skilled person (also a member of this forum) and it sounds great.

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
It’s in part due to the space restrictions of the vehicle. Only shallow mount subs will fit behind the rear seat. The focal definitely helps bring the bass to the front of the vehicle. It was tuned by a highly skilled person (also a member of this forum) and it sounds great.
I would asked the skilled person that did it previously.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.