DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the x series pre mtx, mitek buyout. i have 2 and cant decide wether i want use them or go for something newer.... trying to get an idea of how they fair for sq purposes. i came into these a while back and never got a chance to hook em up they are still sitting here. i had xtant check them out they are fine they sent em back saying a-ok. they are a x604 and a x1001. and they are pre-mitek models even though they are x604 instead of 604x. for a while after the buyout xtant used up the remaining 604x boards and they were the same exact amp as they x604 they even say 604x on the board under a black sticker, the other is a x1001. thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
My two cents:

I've used Sounstream Reference Series and PPI Art series in the past, and so far, I'm very impressed w/the two pre-Mitek Xtant amps that I just picked up. Very clean overall, and they have a lot of nice features on them, (ie: noise gate, ability to add plug-in modules for balanced inputs, etc.)

If you already have them, I say give them a shot. I'm sure you could always sell them later if you decide you don't want them. (Depending on timing, I might even be interested in the x1001.)

-Ben

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im doing a fully custom trunk for show purposes so they would be stuck there for a while cause i dont feel like doin it twice right now.....

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
My Xtant has had the cleanest power of any of the amps I've run, which is why I ebayed the other ones and have it in my trunk now 8). I was going to buy another one identical, so one could run my tweets unbridged, and one bridged to my mids, but bit the bullet and laid down the $ for a kicker sx900.4 - so the Xtant will be for sale too as well.

-aaron

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how does the xtant compare to the kicker??? i would think the xtant would be cleaner?? i havent had such good luck with kicker amps in the past so i geuss i am a little biased...

·
Registered
109 Posts
sx is all digital with tons of useful features..very clean amps

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
zfactor said:
how does the xtant compare to the kicker??? i would think the xtant would be cleaner?? i havent had such good luck with kicker amps in the past so i geuss i am a little biased...
I don't have the kicker yet, in my car I had a Clarion/McIntosh hybrid and an old ass Lanzar Opti. The Xtant sounded so much cleaner that instead of biamping I just have my Xtant running everything right now.

The Kicker SX's are supposedly great amps - it's Kickers TOL. The digital interface on them is amazing - you can bandpass the channels in 1/12th octave increments, it has a built in one band PEQ, etc. Check them out: http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html It's going to replace my Xtant and Audio Control 3XS. Just what I wanted - one amp to do it all = more trunk room and simpler install 8)

-aaron

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my god that amp is huge!!!! even bigger than the xtant 604..... not sure i want to go to a longer amp i was hoping for a smaller amp....i geuss they are all about the same size now though with this kind of power..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts