DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be upgrading my midbass driver (currently a DynAudio mw160 6.5" mid) to the DynAudio mw170 8" driver. I plan on using the 6.5" mid in an active setup for a 79 Chevy 1/2 Ton 4x4 shortbed that I am rebuilding. It was my grandads, and he gave it to me because he cant get into it anymore. So its a sentimental thing as well. Anywho, back to the story, I want to use the LPG tweet along with the mw160 and would like some opnions on the tweeter's performance. I can get the tweets for around $16.50 each outta Canada from solence.com. Thanks in advance.

El Chingon

·
Registered
265 Posts
Have you considered the 25NFA? That's what I'm using and it does a great job going from 3khz and up. Sounds very detailed with a nice top end. Although Npdang has reviewed them to be weak on power handeling.

Sorry Don't know much about the 25nf.

David

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perhaps we are speaking about the same tweeter my friend. Solence.com only has them listed as the 25fa tweeter. I am talking about the dome tweeter.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
25FA is the same tweeter as the 25nfa, except that it uses a much larger mounting flange and ceramic magnet instead of neo.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
npdang said:
25FA is the same tweeter as the 25nfa, except that it uses a much larger mounting flange and ceramic magnet instead of neo.
Can I get a price on a pair of the 25NFA tweets shipped to Arizona 85643? Thank you.

El Chingon

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When running these tweets active, what power can they handle? I was looking at running these with about 75 watts. Or I could run them biamped with a smaller 2 channel amp at around 50 watts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm giving my 25nfa's just 7.5 watts rms. And they sound great. They need a small 2db bump to match with my CA18RNX (37.5watts RMS). I've tried hooking them up with more power and couldn't noticed the difference. Tweeters are pretty efficient, and doesn't seem to require a lot of power.

David

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So these guys can just be run off of my head unit?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am not an expert in headunit power (my headunit doesn't have an internal amp). But I'm sure if I can run them off 7.5watts, then a headunit can push more than that. But your headunit needs to be able to provide the necessary crossover (ie 3khz and up).

David

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xDeLiRiOuSx said:
I am not an expert in headunit power (my headunit doesn't have an internal amp). But I'm sure if I can run them off 7.5watts, then a headunit can push more than that. But your headunit needs to be able to provide the necessary crossover (ie 3khz and up).

David
It does have filters

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The 25nfa is almost 4" in diameter. The lpg25nfa is closer to 1.5" or so.

Price is $37 each, plus $12 shipping.

You can use a 100 watt amp with them fine, they just won't take a continuous 100watts of power (nor will any other tweeter in my experience). They should get plenty loud, unless you have them obstructed or have a penchant for hearing damage.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FYI: my DynAudio mw100s can easily take 150 continuous all day long without going into protect mode. Very high power tolerant and super clean.

Okay, back to the LPG. I may have to just order a set soon from you of the 25nfa tweets. Solen.ca has them for about the same price shipped to my door because of the import duty charges, and the shipping from Canada will definately take 2x as long to clear customs.

·
Registered
67 Posts
installed my LPG tweets a few days ago,made all the difference in the world from what I was using(Diamond HEX Tweets)

I apreciate all the DYIers assistance in correcting and upgrading me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.