DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok so this is my first post here so let me give you a bit of background info. I admit i am a bass addict, and i do compete in spl competitions, so the sq of my systems have been after thoughts. I also admit the front end usually winds up sucking big time. So then heres the current info and the goals for the system. I am starting from scratch in my new project vehicle (93 s10 ext cab)i will still be competing but i am setting up 2 separate sub stages so we only need to worry about the daily sub stage and the front end. Anyways here are the parts im looking at

1. clarion cz500 for the hu

2. mb quart q4.80

3. Dayton Audio RS150-4

4. either Vifa BC25TG15 or Vifa BC25SC15-04

5. Dayton Audio RSS210HF-4

My goals here are to create a nice clean sounding install, i dont need absoloute top of the line and i couldnt pay for it any way. The daily substage i just need to have it blend seamlessly into the front end i dont need it to be overly loud just loud enough to match my mids and highs and sound great. I am going to be fiberglassing the mids into either the doors or kick pods and the tweets will probably be in the a pillar (can be put elsewhere if need be). the sub will go into a custom center console box, and im not sure what amp ill use here either. Also im not married to any particular piece in this set up so if you have a better recommendation please give it, and also im not looking to spend more than 5-600 on this set up.

P.S. Ive never bought from parts express do the raw drivers and tweets come in pairs or individual?

also i have been thinking about it and would possibly be willing to bump up my price range to go with the hat imagine 6.5 comps and the 6.5 sub if it will be a real improvment and worth the extra money

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
PE markets most everything as "sold individually".

Appears you have been reading threads, looks like a good setup.

About spending more money, I would focus more on how to install and tune it than spending more.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PE markets most everything as "sold individually".

Appears you have been reading threads, looks like a good setup.

About spending more money, I would focus more on how to install and tune it than spending more.
Thank you for the reply and also the edit (sorry im still half asleep so i didnt think to hit edit post lol). I am trying to research and read up as much as possible, but i am a total newb to the sq realm i can get loud now i want to sound good doing it. If you could point me to the right threads to read about tuning and such for sq it would be greatly appreciated. Also i forgot to mention in the first post i listen to a little bit of everything (literally except for disco and gospel i do listen to almost every style of music you can come up with) so will the difference really not be worth the extra money i know ive seen that the dayton mids can have some trouble on the output side and dont fare so well in an ib set up

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
While the Dayton mids were not designed for car doors, they do work good. But I would look for getting more midbass from a driver because that is usually where car systems lack output.
yes ive noticed the daytons were lacking in the midbass region from the reviews and that they rolled off early in the midrange would there be a better mid in that price range to look at? also i was recommended the pioneer d series comps from a trusted source would that be a better option here? Also thank you for the link

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I've heard good things about the Pioneer d series comps and maybe even better reviews for the HAT Imagine.

For $36 ea. you will not find much better than the Dayton.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts