DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
yes, i've asked for this feature a while ago. now all we need is when any new topic is created, after the subject is filled in, it bounces an ajax call back to the server with search parameter of the subject line and does a quick search and says hey you know maybe this retarded question has been asked before and here's a short list of what i've came up with? :p

·
Registered
389 Posts
Forum tags....

Ok what the hell is with this i am having trouble posting it keeps saying
You specified a tag that was too short. A tag must be at least 3 characters. I have soundstream as my tag and shit doesnt work why do we need this?

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
Re: Forum tags....

You specified a tag that was too short. A tag must be at least 3 characters. I have soundstream as my tag and shit doesnt work why do we need this?
Tags are a feature of 3.7.2 which we upgraded to last month.
We actiaved the tags over the weekend for searching purposes.
If you don't want to fill them out, you don't have to. We actually added a mod that will do it for you.

ANT

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

If you don't want to fill them out, you don't have to. We actually added a mod that will do it for you.

ANT
It has to do with how the subject line is composed. You can have the /wrong/ subject line, blank tags, and it still won't post. I think its picky aobut commas in the subject line.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yea i even tried to remove all tags still couldn't post i had to delete some words/spaces from my subject to get it to post. I think my issue was a space between dls and a6 wouldn't let me post with A6 in the subject i had to use dlsA6 then it worked took me a long time to figure it out :(

·
18,542 Posts

ANT
Yea i even tried to remove all tags still couldn't post i had to delete some words/spaces from my subject to get it to post. I think my issue was a space between dls and a6 wouldn't let me post with A6 in the subject i had to use dlsA6 then it worked took me a long time to figure it out :(
bingo. I've made 2 threads today that I've had to go through and reword the title just to get past the tags. I'm not too sure I like this feature. Especially if I have to keep fixing my titles just to get by this. :mad:

·
18,542 Posts
is anyone else having issues with this crap?

I can't start a thread that has a solid title because I get a message saying I've got too many tags. So, I have these choices:
1. Flub my thread title to be as vague as possible
2. Don't post

For example, I've been dealing with this thread title for 5 different tries:
"WTB: Alpine Type-X Pro/Ref comps, individual drivers"

^ it automatically generates these tags:
"type-x,wtb,alpine,typex,pro or ref,comps,,individual,drivers"
and gives me this message:
"The number of tags you tried to add to this thread exceeded the maximum number of tags by 3."

When I remove them and try to repost it does it again. WTF!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts

I had the same problem except it was saying I had too many and I couldn't remove them. I think this tag thing sucks.

I gave up posting what I was going to because I couldn't post it because of that idotic error message.

Can someone just remove this worthless tag crap?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts