DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 4 gauge Streetwires inline fuse between my amps and my battery. It's ASF, but I think the same question would apply to an ANL fuse. I've done a lot of searching on this and only found unanswered questions, including on Steetwires own forum, which seems to be completely ignored. Customer service.

When installing one of these fuses you need to tighten a screw at each end of the fuse holder. Once you tighten one and insert the fuse into the holder it's impossible to tighten the other one. The last thing I want is to have a loose screw to bring down my system. Someone has to have installed one of these before; know how to tighten that screw?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Just tighten the other one after you tighten the first one....

·
Registered
60 Posts
unscrew caps
put caps on each end of wire
take the fuse holders out of the tube
put fuse on both sides, tighten screws
slide assembly into the fuse holder/tube
tighten screws on each end of power wire
screw end caps back on
done

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I've got a 4 gauge Streetwires inline fuse between my amps and my battery. It's ASF, but I think the same question would apply to an ANL fuse. I've done a lot of searching on this and only found unanswered questions, including on Steetwires own forum, which seems to be completely ignored. Customer service.

When installing one of these fuses you need to tighten a screw at each end of the fuse holder. Once you tighten one and insert the fuse into the holder it's impossible to tighten the other one. The last thing I want is to have a loose screw to bring down my system. Someone has to have installed one of these before; know how to tighten that screw?
German torque spec: gudentite.

Seriously though, if you use a ratchet or allen wrench or some sort of tool that has a lever, if you're worried about over torqueing, keep your hand to the center as it keeps the torque low.

My guess? Maybe 3-5 foot pounds. If you hear a cracking noise, back it off ;) Most of us have probably just gotten used to getting things the proper tightness by hand. I actually have a couple of pretty nice torque wrenches for when I work on my car (and I do a lot of car work) but I don't use them that often. Most stuff I just make gudentite.

As for how to do it... just do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts