DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering if I am missing a reason why time alignment and EQ could not be a bit easier for a novice like myself?

We see that some DSP’s have an Auto EQ and Time Alignment where you put a microphone in place and from the feedback the microphone gives the DSP when playing it’s set up tones etc then it calculates time alignment for you and applies this to the settings and hey presto, job done.

However why do we need a DSP to do this and not just an App that is a music player with built in DSP and time alignment. To set up you would place your device (smart phone that is running the app) at roughly your head position in the car. Then it would okay some set up tones etc that would calculate delays for time alignment and also auto EQ to try and make up for any roll off. Then apply those settings in to the player and job done apart from any small tweaks that a person wants to make.

The latest Apps like Neutron player have DSP settings that allow for a person to enter time delay to give time alignment, I just wish there was another feature that would use the phone microphone to auto setup time alignment. I’ve tried using a tape measure etc and also slowly adjust manually but I don’t seem to make it any better.

Anyone know if there are any apps being developed to be able to auto time align and auto EQ?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Plus your phone would need a signal output for each speaker, ever speaker in a car is a different distance from the listener… last time I checked your phone has stereo out at most… so it wouldn’t be capable of comparing with an actual car audio dsp

a dsp has 4-16 outputs and each can be set individually, so that’s why… plus individual channel eq, crossovers

what dsp do you have?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.