DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out this for some uber-cheap way to get time alignment without the need for any external processing device. it's almost free considering the cost vs any other way of doing things. merely a little play on wiring.

linky.

·
Registered
784 Posts
"no passive crossovers can be used" ........

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY, i said time alignment, NOT active.

full-range or coaxes simply high-passed come to mind.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I was once hooked on the decware site. House wrecker, death box, wicked one, I built them all. Probably around the year 2000 I tried this. I honestly can't say it worked that great. It certainly didn't blow me away like I have been when I had later active systems dialed in correctly. Maybe it was the equipment I had at the time, but I remember being very underwhelmed and quickly wiring everything back the way it was.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Upon first look, the Deathbox looks amazing until you realize that the tradeoff for added output is the loss of lower end extension. The speaker they sell thru the site for this design is considered a woofer as its under 40Hz response is weak.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the whole death box thing intrigued me a while ago and after some searching, both on this site and the world wide web, i found it to not be as great as advertised in most cases. :eek:

DaveRulz, you wouldn't happen to have that wiring diagram and/or instruction that i can "borrow" so i can try it out in my next setup for ****s and giggles? if it does in fact work, i would definitely buy my own. just like i do with music and movies.

i searched for quite some time the other night and couldn't find any info on the procedure at all. i'd just like some more input on the thing since it seems interesting.

·
Registered
274 Posts
the whole death box thing intrigued me a while ago and after some searching, both on this site and the world wide web, i found it to not be as great as advertised in most cases. :eek:

DaveRulz, you wouldn't happen to have that wiring diagram and/or instruction that i can "borrow" so i can try it out in my next setup for ****s and giggles? if it does in fact work, i would definitely buy my own. just like i do with music and movies.

i searched for quite some time the other night and couldn't find any info on the procedure at all. i'd just like some more input on the thing since it seems interesting.
This does seem interesting and I to am very curious.

·
Registered
238 Posts
By simply spending a bit more for a nice head unit (Eclipse, Alpine) you can have time alignment on every speaker in the vehicle!

It works so well it makes you think you have a center channel.

Imaging and soundstage are amazing.

I will not own a car system ever again that does not have time alignment.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh i do have time alignment from a ~4 year old head unit. i doubt i'd ever go back to not having it either. i must admit that i made the title for the thread seem a tad bit misleading in the hopes that someone that had experience with the situation could chime in. one success with that one.

i just don't see the point in dishing out money for that. especially since i never heard/read about that sort of thing before. i figured something like that would've at least been mentioned on a site like this before. i was being completely serious when i said that i would buy the thing if i can try it out first. say i buy the plans or whatever and i'm not satisfied with the results, its not like i can just return the thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts