DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all my current setup is a Pioneer 9300sd hu i have a hertz he4 amp running 2 hertz hi energy 165 components tweeters have been profesionally mounted for sound stage with skinz door kit for added dampening. I also have a set of hertz 6x9s running off the rear of this amp. Subwoofer is a jbl 12" powered by a jbl gto 2 channel bridged amplifier.

So first choice..... Remove the hertz he4 amp and get a rainbow ipaul 4.300 to give the fronts and rears more power (90w each) as he4 only gives out 70w per channel and keep the jbl amp & sub

Second choice.... Bridge the hertz he4 to the front components giving them nearly 200w each and putting the rears on the headunit and also replacing the jbl stuff with a hertz he1 and a hertz 10 or 12" subwoofer.

Response will be helpfull.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Pioneer 9300SD.... I assuming you are running passive setup?
Anyway, I'll ditch the rear speaker and bridged the HE4 and call it the day.... Then make full use of the Hu's limited EQ to tune again....
Or same as above for the component set, use your HU's speaker out to power the rear....
Either the above 2 way, you will have minimum change on equipment, except you may need longer speaker wire...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers yes i am running passive, I was looking more at going for the idea of bridging the front comps as i think they are performing under powered at the moment,and changing the sub and getting a mono amp will give me something new:D I never really used front stage only before but when the tweeters where installed for me i kept giving less and less dedication to the rears till finally i unplugged them all together as i found they where taking the clarity off the fronts. Also speaking to a couple of installers the hertz comps can be a bit power hungry. But i do have people who sit in the back so keeping the rears on the head unit will keep them happy lol..........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then just use your HU to power rear, case close.... If you really need to change something, HU will be the first I change....
The sub amp are quite decent, should be enough for the time being....
The pioneer is the 2011 model so only come out this year as i am only a pioneer fan i will only change it when they bring out a new model i like the 8200bt etc but i need it to play cds and these are only media Head units . Yup case closed rears off hu fronts bridged & new mono block and sub.:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did once own the pioneer deh80mp to me it was the best i ever had 6v output very good sound but unfortunately it stopped opening to let me put in cds so thats why i changed cant really say i have looked at any onthers such as kenwood alpine etc.... Though a friend of mine had the Kenwood KDC-BT60U and when the weather was cold its buttons didnt respond on the hu strange but true so kenwood was a no go for me:surprised:

Do you have any recommendations?

·
Banned
2,895 Posts
Someone on here is selling a used 880prs. It's great HU at a very good price.

But you gotta ask, if your nearly tripling the power to your front stage is your sub gonna have enough punch to keep up?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts