DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After crusing this site for some time now I've narrowed my speaker selection to the following. Please post any advice on my selections.
1) least money: Seas G18RNX/P w/LPG. Benefit being least cost and I can try tweet in several different locations, low and high.

2) Seas G18RNX/P and dome tweet like Vifa XT19. XT has smaller flange that could fit behind the factory tweeter grille on my door. Grill is high on door just below glass and about 4" from dash, ~ 18" from centerline of mid-bass. Drawback here is no flexibility on tweet placement and it will have to sit behind factory mesh grill. Is this a problem? But I think I can fit a 94mm flange or sim in this location.

3) Seas excel/lotus and Vifa XT19. Same issue on tweeter placement. Most bucks but this one leaves no buyer remorse for the mid :)

Ride is a 05 Tacoma. HU is Eclipse 8053. Amp is older PPI A404 until I can get mo power.

Jim

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Go with the G18rnx/p and vifa tx19. I think you'll be happier with that one.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Excel is very nice, but for a car it's very arguable whether or not you can hear a difference... not to mention it's a bit harder to tune and find a tweeter to mate with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts