DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some recommendations on a subwoofer for my BMW M3. I'm going to use the 12 inch version of this enclosure which fits in the corner of my trunk. I've read online that it has a one foot^3 volume. I originally was planning to go with something from Image Dynamics, but with what has happened recently, I would like to avoid their products for now. I've also heard good things about eD and was considering the e3.12 or e5.12 but I'm not really sure what I should be looking at to decide. I want something SQ oriented, but that can still get loud if needed. I listen to various types of music (pop, modern alt. roc, classic rock, dance, rap). I will be using a DLS A6 amp with specs listed below. Thanks!

4 ohm RMS 500W
2 ohm RMS 870W
1 ohm RMS 1200W

·
Registered
48 Posts
Idk if you are willing to move up to 1.25 ft^3 enclosure, I would definitely recommend the Jl Audio 12w6v2. I just got two of them in my 325i and they have excellent SQ and can definitely hit hard when needed

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JL Audio W3.

Also I have an 04 M3 coupe :)
Thanks for the recommendation, a while back, I had two W3s that I bought off a friend and I wasn't really happy with their sound. Too boomy for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts