DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally became motivated enough to start the new install on the newer car. I am planning on mounting the Alumapro RX 12 in the rear deck with a sealed box. The specs are not all that great for IB (if i remember right, but cant find em') and i think the Eng from Alumapro said it was not the best idea...still not too sure?!?!

Amps will be:

jl 300/4 ((Mids/highs)needs to be sent in for service...any ideas where?)

jl 500/1 (sub)

old backup kicker 600.4 (midbass)

Deck:

Alpine 9835

EQ:

PG 215ix...I am not sure what i should use the EQ for runing in 3-way mode on the 9835?

speakers:

lpg 25nfa's

PG zeropoint 4"s (might have a change of heart after a listen)

seas somthing for midbass (have the peerless csx)

I am looking for any sugestions, advice, or even...heavy criticism.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too sure?? It became distorted and sounded like poo. The low omh light will not go off. I checked all I could and did not find anything wrong with the speakers/wiring. It just seemed to happen outta the blue and have no clue what happend to it. Also, a section of the heatsink gets really hot.

If you want pics of the PCb and stuff...I'll whip out the old, but "sharp" webcam.

That help would be great Cam!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about the "LONG" delay about the pics. I now have a (old, but very good) working webcam and will try to take some pics today or tomorrow. The amp is missing two of the tin washers for the rca terminals now and this is due to my organizational skills :(

The amp really does not look all that bad. The traces are not burnt, but some of the coating did come up in certian areas. I have not tried to hook it back up since the last post and its still sitting on the shelf.

Hope this wont cost me an arm and a leg :D

·
DIYMA lurker
801 Posts
With the woofer using the deck as its support, you're going to get plenty of chassis resonance. Make sure you deaden the area thoroughly. Also I'd definitely cover it with a grill, to protect against UV as well as prying eyes.

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.