DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

time to trade trucks

728 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  annoyingrob 
#1 ·
What do you guys do when your doors have been cut to accomodate larger drivers than stock when it is time to trade. I was thinking of having some rings made to put the stockers back in. Truck is a 06 silverado so the speakers have some funky tabs and clips that hold them in. My local shop as a laser cutting machine so fabing up some rings would be a snap for them. Question is should I go to that much trouble?

#2 ·
I'd just ghetto them in and call it a day...but you didn't hear that from me:laugh:

Why you trading so quickly? If you're going to do that you're best off just sticking with drivers that will drop into the stock locations.

#4 ·
Trading quickly to me is every 18 months. Originally had planned on keeping this truck but I have plenty of equity in it (owe 6000 less than lowest trade in quote). And besides I really want an avalanche. The door panels have been cut but only behind the stock grillles which are fabric covered. I won`t cut my doors again but I will say the it was worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.