DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Man, I miss my under seat mids. Maybe I'll look at an option to install mine again in the future. My favorite part is that you can remove the tactile energy that goes through all the nearby materials. Next time I may go ported, like Patrick B.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Ported will be big fun...I got my two pairs of JBL c660 GTI in ported enclosures and they perform very good, but it take some time to get everything set

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
For an 8 inch, the Audio Development w800neo is shallow, and has the ability to handle a small enclosure. For a 6.5, the gb60 gets my vote. That thing can boogie in a crazy small enclosure

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
So good to know.. I'm still rolling around the stack-fab or glassed up door enclosures at about .35 cubes if I'm lucky.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
did you try them? because andy suggests them in the Jeep Wrangler enclosures. i cant see these being smaller.
the jeep wrangler box is only 3 liters. and my gb60's sounded pretty dam good in them...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Found this thread while trying to pick a new midbass drivers a little over a month ago. Just thought I'd share my results.

Initially had the idea of using the RS180-8 in a boxes about .23 cu ft (lightly stuffed with fiber glass insulation, 2.4oz per box) directly in front of my seats as they would work well in that volume, met depth requirements, and budget. Was about to order but then I got to thinking about how hard I was pushing my midbass set up at the time, a pair of ND140-8's per door running 100-300hz with 24db slopes. Wanted to be able to cross lower in the 60-80hz range and the RS180-8 only has a slight edge in linear displacement about 750 cubic cm vs 700 cubic cm but the RS225-8 has around 1500... so right before I ordered I said fuck it I'll try the 8's.

I had modeled the RS225-8 in .24 before and it comes out to a F3 of 95hz and qtc a bit over 1 so I was really hoping the cabin gain of my tiny car (02 2dr Civic) would help out and boy did it. Had them BP'd 30-300hz at 24db since I decided to bridge the amp on my midbass and try without the sub first. Wow, I now know what totally up front clean bass sounds like... they are every bit as clean and detailed as my RSS390HF running in IB was and go nearly as low, for most music you wouldn't notice much if any difference. Only real issue is output is limited as to be expected but I can turn on the HP on my headunit when I want to listen at very high levels. I will never put a midbass driver in the door again at least without building an actually enclosure inside, no rattles and next to no resonance is an awesome thing.

Btw all tuned by a MS8. Will be buying a mic soon and will take some measurements eventually.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts