DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Dude that's some interesting **** right there.

·
Registered
183 Posts
It seems like an amp made for highschool kids who just want a cheap way to put some thump in their trunk.

I mean I know I did, I had the 2 10" Duals in a ported box with a 1600 watt Pyramid Power amp. Mistakes had to be made to learn, but god what was I thinking.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Only downside to those Brazilian amplifiers is their horrific fan noise. I ran a Stetsom for a short period of time and the super loud fan was annoying. It also didn't like my strong charging system with an idle voltage of 14.5 and would constantly go into voltage overprotect mode.

EDIT:
It seems like an amp made for highschool kids who just want a cheap way to put some thump in their trunk.

I mean I know I did, I had the 2 10" Duals in a ported box with a 1600 watt Pyramid Power amp. Mistakes had to be made to learn, but god what was I thinking.
The only difference between the Brazilian amplifiers and the Pyramid amplifier you mention is that the Brazilian amplifiers are not cheap and will make most of their advertised rated power. Here's what a Stetsom V1k5H did on my test bench at 4 ohms:

The fluke is output voltage at 4 ohms; the Crapsman is supply voltage, and the Velleman shows no visible signs of clipping.

·
Registered
510 Posts
a similar video, from smd as well, is linked to elsewhere on this site. i thought it'd be smaller than that.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
This is a generalization and not true at all. Just because you used one Brazilian amp, doesn't mean all of the rest perform like the one you had.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
That is so true because I experienced two others in addition to my own, a huge SD and a huge Stetsom run by other individuals. Their fan noise was WORSE because they had more of those noisy ass fans!:p

EDIT: You can also hear the fan noise in SMD's video.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not concerned about the fan noise as i won't be able to hear it over the sound of the exhaust or the the MT tires on the pavement in my jeep.

I can easily mount these up under the dash and not have to worry about someone yanking them.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dang. My XD500/3 came in yesterday and I thought that thing was tiny (and heavy) but those things take tiny to a whole new level.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would love to see a 100 watt 2 way even smaller than this with a build ion corssover. Would be awesome for active setups. Crossover and Amp all in the door.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts