DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options? Looking for something else. They are probably in the worst spot possible too. Are the SMD magnetic terminals any good? Any other options I should look into?

1700w rms, want to keep the small 4awg quick disconnect option connection for easy removal.
Pliers Light Cable Electrical wiring Gadget

· Registered
11,353 Posts

· Registered
470 Posts

Speakon connectors are removable, locking, and leave no exposed contacts if you need to remove your box. Four 10g conductors is plenty for your power levels.

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Speakon connectors are removable, locking, and leave no exposed contacts if you need to remove your box. Four 10g conductors is plenty for your power levels.
Actually its only when it's in the car so those seem like they would be even more intrusive
:(

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2010 HHR
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get a single length of wire. Plug two of the holes. No terminals needed.
Just go straight to the amp from the sub.
I take the box out a lot though but I guess I could just wire up these quick disconnects directly to the sub and bypass the bolts?
Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bag

· Premium Member
2014 Audi A6 3.0T stage 2.
551 Posts
You are basically doing pro audio if removing sub frequently. I like neutrik. I use a locking 1/4 stereo plug and metal cabinet connector for my sub box. Indestructible. Dont remember the part numbers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.