DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this would be easy to find for myself with Google but apparently I suck at searching. Anyone know the lowest frequency of this organ piece? The impact and power is just overwhelming, I think this is the lowest piece of music I've ever heard.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talking to myself but it looks like 16hz is the lowest frequency. I guess this is what contributes to the "feel" and "impact" of this piece? This is one of the rare times I've used most of the available excursion from the IB15s other than playing around on test tones but it seems to really impress people. The amount of energy in this music is a lot of fun. I tried it in a friend's car with a single 12W6 in a factory spec sealed enclosure. There are many parts you would not know were there on his system. It's not that it sounded bad, it just didn't audibly play some parts. Sometimes I forget how ridiculously low the IB setup plays.

·
Registered
510 Posts
in Audacity, open source from SourceForge. Open a audio stream, select a portion of it, click analyze in the menu bar and plot spectrum. Use a logarithmic frequency scale with the largest sample size and you will get data way down around 3 Hz.

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,367 Posts
I want to say that it was 6hz. In York Pa we have one of the oldest working pnuematic pipe organs, 2036 pipes and its HUGE!!! When I was getting a tour of the pipe room the music director for the church that houses the organ was telling me they have pipes that can play down to 5hz!!! He went on to play a few peices and I was just amazed at the power they created. Its hard to describe how it sounds and feels, its something that needs to be experienced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts