DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I love seeing all the Silverado/Sierra builds, gives me great ideas for mine (18 LT Z71- Redline Edition) n helps out a lot when you guys post any tips, hints to make the install easier for others with the same vehicle. Your truck is lookin good man, nice n clean! I see your like me tho, at 1st just wanting to add a little bass, OEM look, etc... then it turns into a full blown install with different speakers, amps, subs, enclosures, etc... My build started in June of 2018 n is still on going...

I see you want to go the center console enclosure route as well. I just did it and I couldn't be happier. I had the jump seat n was also at 1st trying to incorporate some of the stock console, but in the end I went full custom. However I did make sure I retained use of the USB ports and additional outlets from the stock console for my new one. I have 1 12" Resilient Sounds Platinum in a 2.25ft^3 enclosure, sub n port rear fire. Sounds awesome! Also incorporated a nose piece that attaches to enclosure that houses my cup holders and some knobs, switches n volt meter. And I had a wireless charger put on the lid of storage like some of the trucks do...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I love seeing all the Silverado/Sierra builds, gives me great ideas for mine (18 LT Z71- Redline Edition) n helps out a lot when you guys post any tips, hints to make the install easier for others with the same vehicle. Your truck is lookin good man, nice n clean! I see your like me tho, at 1st just wanting to add a little bass, OEM look, etc... then it turns into a full blown install with different speakers, amps, subs, enclosures, etc... My build started in June of 2018 n is still on going...

I see you want to go the center console enclosure route as well. I just did it and I couldn't be happier. I had the jump seat n was also at 1st trying to incorporate some of the stock console, but in the end I went full custom. However I did make sure I retained use of the USB ports and additional outlets from the stock console for my new one. I have 1 12" Resilient Sounds Platinum in a 2.25ft^3 enclosure, sub n port rear fire. Sounds awesome! Also incorporated a nose piece that attaches to enclosure that houses my cup holders and some knobs, switches n volt meter. And I had a wireless charger put on the lid of storage like some of the trucks do...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I will not be retaining any of the oem center console electronics. I dont need them which makes it easier. I'm using a hi res player as a source unit so having the usb wouldnt do anything for me. my plan was to go full custom but use the oem console lid still. I have a guy who's going to build me one. But we just havwnt got all the details finalized yet

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I know I sound like a broken record but a few more things showed. I now have everything everything. Work being as busy as it's been has been screwing me on working on the truck. But I'll be installing little by little now. AD w600 came in and my new sub. It's a brand I hate but my buddy that sort of works there assured me it wouodnt be dead on arrival and he dod a little modification for me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Got some motivation after seeing Al's truck getting done. I think I like the placement. And yes the t4v1 was switched to a moddled tg4

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Looking good! Wouldn't mind seeing this when it's done.
Of course! It should be playing hopefully December. Not 100% done as the rcas and spesker wire I have right now are temp. But it should be playing december. Or hopefully late November

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Small things only k2 silverado owners can appreciate.

My goal was to not cut a single wire. I can achieve that but then I though I need to get power, ground and acc to my dsp. So I called up a well known k2 guy that builds conversion harnesses. And an hour later he had what I needed built.

This plugs into the xt61 junction box underneath the drivets side footwell. And gives me constant, ground, ignition and acc

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Got some photos from the guy building my enclosure. We have a spot for the dsp controller now and I like it. Also he is modifying a pac lc1 bass knob. Knob pops out to adjust and goes back flush

141 - 160 of 182 Posts