DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know your top ten list for the best single 12" sub for sound quality in a 0.7-1.0 ft3 sealed enclosure, probably running 80Hz and down. Price no object for the sake of discussion, but please let's not include Velodyne or Adire. Looking for very accurate sound, fast, not sluggish nor boomy (assume the box is doing its job perfectly and it's all on the woofer). Thanks in advance!

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,960 Posts
In that space the Alto Mobile Falstaff 12 is my first choice. In .75 cubic Feet sealed this thing is beautiful.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Does Velodyne even make car audio? I thought they were strictly home?

Anyways check out some of ID's offerings in the V or Q series for a solid SQ subwoofer that fits your parameters for box size.

·
142 fastest gun in town
483 Posts
Worth looking into Audio Technology, C-Quenze.

·
The Anti-Rice
2,524 Posts
One in the same.

D2 = Dual 2 Ohm voice coils
V4 = Version 4
not really Mag si was offered in several models.....note the V.4 and D2 only means D2 coils....not a give away of what model you are refering to.

·
Registered
629 Posts
For a short time in the 90s, Velodyne made a 12 and a 10 inch servo controlled subwoofer.

Less than 1% distortion, handled 300 watts (less in IB), and produced some of the most beautiful bass ever.

Very rare these days... if you can find one, they are pretty expensive. I'm kinda sorry I sold mine about 5 years ago as they're worth three times what I got for mine and I sold it at a profit. ;)

Does Velodyne even make car audio? I thought they were strictly home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
CDT do very good small box sealed 12" subs (0.62cu) made strictly for sq but sounds pretty loud to me.

;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Image Dynamics IDQ12 D2 V.3 fits the bill for a 1cu. ft. box. Does fast accurate bass and then some.

·
Registered
29 Posts
+1 on the IDQ. IDMAX is even sweeter.

Morel Ultimo 12"

Dynaudio 12"

Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro

If a 13" can count for a 12 than the Focal 33WX2 would get my vote. Simply Stunning Subwoofer

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1 on the IDQ. IDMAX is even sweeter.

Morel Ultimo 12"

Dynaudio 12"

Cerwin Vega Stroker Pro

If a 13" can count for a 12 than the Focal 33WX2 would get my vote. Simply Stunning Subwoofer
The IDMax can fit in 1.0 cf enclosure, but it seems to be recommended to use 1.3 cf. And the Morel can fit in 0.7 cf but seems to be recommended for 1.2 - 2.1 cf. Or so it seems.

Link to IDMax Manual (PDF)
Link to Morel Ultimo Manual (PDF)

·
Registered
684 Posts
Velodyne 12" does not fit parameters given. It wants 1.7cuft.;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
What about the Fi Q12? Recommended size of 0.8 - 1.5 cf. After displacement, maybe a tad too big, maybe.

http://www.ficaraudio.com

I always wanted to try one of those. They just look sexy!

But no regrets with my Mag. It sounds fantastic and I'm re-experiencing my music every day. This morning I was listening to my Prince collection. He has some great sounds. I like the song Money Don't Matter 2 Night. Very tight bass with simple highs. The Mag really sounds great.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.