DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks! Dobinsons
Ahhh...very nice products, at least from what I've read. I may end up going with one of their rear springs next time (running Icon/SAW now).

Btw, how is that D10 treating you? No issues? Asking b/c I may add one soon. I keep looking at the D50 too but the D10 does way more than I'd actually need and its a 1/3 of the price.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks! Dobinsons
Ahhh...very nice products, at least from what I've read. I may end up going with one of their rear springs next time (running Icon/SAW now).

Btw, how is that D10 treating you? No issues? Asking b/c I may add one soon. I keep looking at the D50 too but the D10 does way more than I'd actually need and its a 1/3 of the price.
The Dobinsons kit is working out great thus far. Going in for an alignment next week. But I didn’t loose much it seems.

The D10 is working out nicely. It runs off of the DEH-P01 Aux input. And controlled with my iPhone and iPad. I’ve played some hi res files through it and it’s everything as advertised. We also fabricated an external USB bus power module for it. If using an iOS device, you’ll also need the Camera connection kit to get a digital signal from the iPhone or iPad.

Review and Measurements:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d10-dac.2470/

I also have the new DX3 Pro for my desktop monitors and HD600 headphones. Loving it. You really cannot beat these units for the price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Dobinsons kit is working out great thus far. Going in for an alignment next week. But I didn’t loose much it seems.

The D10 is working out nicely. It runs off of the DEH-P01 Aux input. And controlled with my iPhone and iPad. I’ve played some hi res files through it and it’s everything as advertised. We also fabricated an external USB bus power module for it. If using an iOS device, you’ll also need the Camera connection kit to get a digital signal from the iPhone or iPad.

Review and Measurements:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-d10-dac.2470/

I also have the new DX3 Pro for my desktop monitors and HD600 headphones. Loving it. You really cannot beat these units for the price.
Awesome. What I wanted to hear. I have no hesitation with getting the D10 should I go that route for my DAC. Their small form and capable processing seem to be the current mark to beat in the > $100 price range...heck, even above $100.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Review and Measurements:

Awesome. What I wanted to hear. I have no hesitation with getting the D10 should I go that route for my DAC. Their small form and capable processing seem to be the current mark to beat in the > $100 price range...heck, even above $100.
I think you can’t go wrong with it. It’s very impressive for the price point. Unmatched perhaps?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Been getting a bit done on the Prado. Just recently fabricated a steel frame for a cover/sleeping-platform to go over the amps and subs. Also custom brackets which latch in to the third row seat positions.

The inserts are in two sections so they can be removed easily. I’m going to scrap these two inserts however and make a couple which close in everything. Extending out to the sides and then carpet them. With the second row seats laid flat it’ll double as a bed with an air mattress.

Put some primer on the frame today and painting it Matt Black tomorrow.

Then I need to unbolt everything and bolt the rack and box to the body. It just so happens in have some great points to do so they are leftover from the third row seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Very cool concept - looking forward to seeing the finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Appreciate it. It’s starting to come together. I’m still debating what I want to do with the amp rack and sub enclosure in terms of wrapping. To be honest, they won’t be seen much.

Primed and painted the frame yesterday and today. Came out really nice in Matte-Black.

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Coming along nicely. There are not many Toyota Prado builds out there.

I have a 2003 all Sony GS Series and MiniDSP 6x8 build in the works. The jump seats will be retained as I occasionally carry passengers and large stuff.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-P585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I think this will be the final resting place for the HDSP controller. Ash tray cover. Push in and it pops out for easy access. Obviously a bit of fabrication will be needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I’ve gotten a few messages about the Topping D10 I’m running. Here is a snap shot of it running in the Prado. Onkyo HD Player “Wild Man Blues’” and 352Hz PCM. It’s been working like a charm thus far in my current set-up. Reads everything I throw at it. DSD files are converted to PCM due to the Onkyo and iOS interface. However, it’ll play DSD files when run through a PC.

Im about to also install my new Zapco HDSP but, I think I’ll keep this one in for double duties. iOS and USB between the 2.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 for the D10.

I have had to switch to NePLAYER from Onkyo so I can set the sampling rate when upsampling as the Helix is limited to 96kHz input over optical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
+1 for the D10.

I have had to switch to NePLAYER from Onkyo so I can set the sampling rate when upsampling as the Helix is limited to 96kHz input over optical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does NePlayer allow you to play DSD files as is? Onkyo will only read as PCM up to 352.8 or 384...cant remember.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I’ve gotten a few messages about the Topping D10 I’m running. Here is a snap shot of it running in the Prado. Onkyo HD Player “Wild Man Blues’” and 352Hz PCM. It’s been working like a charm thus far in my current set-up. Reads everything I throw at it. DSD files are converted to PCM due to the Onkyo and iOS interface. However, it’ll play DSD files when run through a PC.

Im about to also install my new Zapco HDSP but, I think I’ll keep this one in for double duties. iOS and USB between the 2.

Love that track! Sound Liaison has some amazing music!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #59

Love that track! Sound Liaison has some amazing music!

Agreed. I’ve gotten most of their stuff I believe.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts