DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed my left tweeter has a constant buzz coming out of it and it sounds a bit more like static with music. It is currently connected to channel 1 of my DC650.6. I tried switching the wires from my tweeters hooking up the left to channel 2 and right to channel 1. The buzzing moved to the right tweeter when I switched the wires so the noise stayed with channel 1.

That leads me to believe its either a bad channel on the amp or the buzzing is coming from the input. The input comes from the front channels of my OEM HU and then is connected to a symbilink adapter which I made. It is a direct hardware from the factory HU output to a female symbilink connector since the HU output is balanced differential. From there the signal is split through a symbilink splitter and each signal is run through an SLB-U. Then they are routed to the channel 1/2 input and 5/6 input. The 3/4 channels are internally routed from the 1/2 input. I don't hear any noise on channels 3/4 so I'm assuming that it's not the input signal.

Anybody got any other tips on narrowing down the problem?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts