DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my system, running an LOC under the driver's seat. While playing with the gains on the LOC I managed to snap one of them. I'm only getting one channel of signal at the amp, but I'm not sure if it was that way before I snapped the gain adjuster. I wouldnt have thought snapping the adjuster would be a big deal, since it snapped in "full gain" position I was planning on leaving it and taking a look at the connection between the HU and LOC, but should I be considering the snapped gain control as a potential issue?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The knob is a potentiometer in the signal path. That is a variable resistor. It's probably open now. You need a new one, and use a smaller adjustment screwdriver.

Many LOCs are actually at minimum output when the pots are fully clockwise.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... that was it (potentiometer). I took it apart when I got home from work last night and was able to use a multimeter on the still-functional side to figure out which two posts needed to be tied together to "lock" it at full gain. For now I just tied them together, that'll do until my new LOC arrives (ordered one from david navone yesterday). At least I get to hear the system run now. Thanks again, a couple more days and I should be ready to post a build log (still have to troubleshoot a ground loop issue).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts