DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of buyin a TRU 8is line driver for my set up....reason being is cause my front components are really HF in your face.....Audison Voce AV K6.....someone said they were using TRU amps which had a very raw sound ...not smooth....and a line driver actually smoothed things out for them..........will a TRU 8is help .....or any other suggestions? a line driver w/ equalizer or something

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
A line driver alone does nothing but up the voltage going to your amps.
What you need is some kind dsp.

·
Registered
312 Posts
the only thing a line driver will help you with is lowering your noise floor. one shouldn't be needed with any modern head unit.
the less components in the audio chain the better.

as stated above, utilizing some form of dsp will be the easiest way to achieve what you are aiming for.

·
Registered
721 Posts
thinking of buyin a TRU 8is line driver for my set up....reason being is cause my front components are really HF in your face.....Audison Voce AV K6.....someone said they were using TRU amps which had a very raw sound ...not smooth....and a line driver actually smoothed things out for them..........will a TRU 8is help .....or any other suggestions? a line driver w/ equalizer or something

If you want a TRU 8is line driver, I have one. I'll cut you an awesome deal.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If I recall ... Tru's Line 8is is actually a line "conditioner" more so than it is a line driver. From what I was told, it was never meant to be marketed as a driver but is understood as one when infact it's the conditioning that is the magic behind the piece.

·
Registered
721 Posts
If I recall ... Tru's Line 8is is actually a line "conditioner" more so than it is a line driver. From what I was told, it was never meant to be marketed as a driver but is understood as one when infact it's the conditioning that is the magic behind the piece.
I have to agree with that statement!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah lets not confuse a cheap line driver for a Tru piece, which is an audiophile piece...I can tell you it is worth it...Look at the pc board if you dont believe me, the quality is awesome, and fully customizable with different op amps

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Ok, let also get something straight. Yes it is a line driver/conditioner. It does more than a traditional line driver. While it boosts the voltage, it also "conditions" the signal to change the sonic signature of the amps. I believe it will make everything sound a bit better....HOWEVER, it is not a DSP and will not fix the problem the OP is having. For the same amount of money, he could buy a DSP and, as long as there is nothing wrong with installation, he should be able to correct this problem.

The Line drive to me is the final piece of a system, if you are not experiencing any noise and have plenty of output. Hell, I would rather see him spend the money to upgrade the front components (if need be) than buy this to try to solve his problem...because it won't.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome ....i actually have been thinking about a dsp as well ....the helix p-dsp but being that im a bit new to the audio world just wasn't sure how easy it would be to learn and set to my liking

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I realize it probably is my front components (audison voce avk6) others have noted the HF nature of them...... But i just put them in and would like to work with them a bit to see if I can get the sound im lookin for

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Line 8is is a very nice piece and I'd recommend it to just about anyone.

Processors like those are very nice but I wouldn't consider them to be "user friendly" if it's not something you're familiar with doing and it could become quite frustrating. Something a little more user friendly would be an MS8 but things like the P-DSP, BitOne etc are far superior in my opinion.

Be sure to look at each one carefully since the inputs on some DSP vary and could limit what kind of setup you can do, unless you have something with a digital output of course.

Contact Don (6spdcoupe) on here, one of the best guys in the biz and he's in jersey, not sure exactly where in relation to you but he can definitely point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya im sure we are like right next to another and i was reading he's got the hook up on tru billet amps or sumn ...kind of bummed cuz im moving to Sacramento tomorrow lol ....of course that's wen i see car audio guys in nj

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just snowed out here lol ...i think i might grab this p dsp for sale ....i don't see the need to be a winner And spend double $ for the c dsp.....plus i have enough of the bug to figure it out properly not just slap it together and expect greatness

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts