DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Umm....Umm.....Umm..... Im set on which amp/amps Im using next! That thing is B-E-A-Utiful! Clean install my friend.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Darn, you guys got me wanting to upgrade from my T03's to SUPA Billets.

Well that would be down the line gotta get my review of the T03 vs. ARC Se's first. :)

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sweet amp for sure. Lovely selections and installation/ Love the black too. Nothing like a sturdy clean black amp to give me audio wood =)

I do have to ask though, why the Clarion h/u? I loved my DRZ now don't get me wrong... not a Clarion hater - it just seems completely out of place to have that h/u in a system where so many other very high end components come into play. I'd think that for impact on sound, the head unit falls only second to speakers in terms of overall impact on sound quality (aside from installation - and Bings definitely the man to go to for a super clean installation - good choice there too!).

So, either I am totally out of the loop and didn't realize Clarion had a new high end hu or that might be a good candidate for your next upgrade. I do like the looks... so now my curiousity is up and I am going to go check out more. No offense intended btw - just curious if I am missing something!

Less

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I do have to ask though, why the Clarion h/u? I loved my DRZ now don't get me wrong... not a Clarion hater - it just seems completely out of place to have that h/u in a system where so many other very high end components come into play. I'd think that for impact on sound, the head unit falls only second to speakers in terms of overall impact on sound quality (aside from installation - and Bings definitely the man to go to for a super clean installation - good choice there too!).

So, either I am totally out of the loop and didn't realize Clarion had a new high end hu or that might be a good candidate for your next upgrade. I do like the looks... so now my curiousity is up and I am going to go check out more. No offense intended btw - just curious if I am missing something!
He is waiting for after 2010 CES to see whats available and go from there ;) I was posted earlier in the thread IIRC
None taken. Mark is correct abut my desire to wait after CES. If you read my review, I noted the Clarion 785USB is just a transitional unit not intended for the long term. At the time of the install, I had not decided on an external processor or high end head-unit with internal processing. Yes, the 785USB is out of place compared to the rest of the components but I could live with it until I see the new offerings after CES. No sense spending $1K+ on something now when there might be something more promissing around the corner in 2010.

·
Registered
25 Posts
WOW! The black finish just sets that amp right off, very nice choice and another great install by Bing. I use the same sub so its nice to see another one in such a clean install. :)

I will be at CES also, maybe all those that are attending should meet up somewhere during the show?

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
41 - 60 of 74 Posts