DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Slowpoke
1,350 Posts
Being that there's 2 cubic feet, could I use both subs in the same box?
You can, but I modeled this scenario recently with GB10s - 2 sealed vs 1 ported. While output was slightly higher in a narrow band between like 50 and 65 Hz with the 2 sealed drivers, output and extension were better overall with the single vented alignment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I took a guess with your measurements you posted and combined with @V8Toilet 's box for reference.
I settled on a 36hz tune for musicality and output in that cabin, tried to not compromise on port area due to your planned power and located the port in the cabin corner to possibly help augment those lows.
Looks like this will hammer in that cabin to me and have decent extension along with letting you use all your output available.
I'd set the SSF accordingly to watch out for those LOWs but it'll have decent extension and a lot of output for a couple of E-10's IMO.
If I had 1500 watts and a couple of E-10's in a F-150 I'd probably settle on this if it would fit.

All enclosures are a collection of compromises, that one ^^^^ turned out pretty good IMO.
Truck enclosures can be difficult... that was NO exception... lol

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I put those Sundown E series drivers into that box that 97_Blazer designed and came up with these graphs in Bassbox Pro. My box volume was showing 1.748 net but I think the program is off a little on the vent dimensions because I can’t model an angled vent. This box is shown in red (might look orange) and my box with a single SD3-10 is shown in green (might look yellow). Those two e series should slam in that box. They get louder than my SA-12 by a little (1.2 db) until about 33.5 Hz when the SA takes over and is louder at 30 Hz by 2.2 db but that is on 1000 watts :laugh:

Attachments

21 - 29 of 29 Posts