1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Following this thread, I'd like to do something similar for less money.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-member-build-logs/107622-pleasantly-surprised-2010-dodge-ram-regular-cab-sq-installl.html

They used Audible Physics XR Duo set which is like $600+.

Can someone recommend equivalent drivers that will work in the same locations. How do you match raw drivers? Do they need to be the same sensitivity?
I was toying around with the idea of 3 way component sets run passively.

Something with a smaller midrange, like these guys:

Ultimate UP36i - 3-way, 6,5 inches component, you could likely mount the mid and tweet in the factory dash location. Midrange/tweet will play from
500 HZ and up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was toying around with the idea of 3 way component sets run passively.

Something with a smaller midrange, like these guys:

Ultimate UP36i - 3-way, 6,5 inches component, you could likely mount the mid and tweet in the factory dash location. Midrange/tweet will play from
500 HZ and up.
I think the istall I have in mind would require active. Cant run it passive with so much distance.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I think the istall I have in mind would require active. Cant run it passive with so much distance.
what distance? how you crossover a speaker (active or passive) is not going to be effected by distance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what distance? how you crossover a speaker (active or passive) is not going to be effected by distance
minbari-

The distance between the midbass in the lower door and the full range on the dash will require TA.

With passive crossover, cant apply time alignment to midbass drivers. time correction will not be done in HU.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
minbari-

The distance between the midbass in the lower door and the full range on the dash will require TA.

With passive crossover, cant apply time alignment to midbass drivers. time correction will not be done in HU.
ok, but other than the fact that you are gonna get a DSP with T/A (which I understand will have x-over and EQ, etc in it) that has nothing to do with using passives or not. you can time align passives just fine since you are changing time delays before the amplifiers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, but other than the fact that you are gonna get a DSP with T/A (which I understand will have x-over and EQ, etc in it) that has nothing to do with using passives or not. you can time align passives just fine since you are changing time delays before the amplifiers.
Your post is vague. Not seeing it.

HU -> TA -> Amp -> Passive Crossover -> 3 ways
(No way to apply separate time correction to each individual driver)

HU -> Crossover -> TA -> Amp1 -> tweet
-> Amp2 -> Mid
-> Amp3 -> woof

?? Youre not making much sense unless you can apply time alignment within a single amp channel to different frequecies. Its ok to just say you made a mistake.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Your post is vague. Not seeing it.

HU -> TA -> Amp -> Passive Crossover -> 3 ways
(No way to apply separate time correction to each individual driver)

HU -> Crossover -> TA -> Amp1 -> tweet
-> Amp2 -> Mid
-> Amp3 -> woof

?? Youre not making much sense unless you can apply time alignment within a single amp channel to different frequecies. Its ok to just say you made a mistake.
ah, i see what you are saying now. I was thinking of individual passives for each driver. (cause I usualy biuld my own so they have nothing in common)

ya, unless the passives allowed you to bi-amp/tri-amp them, then you are right. couldn't be done. :p

you never know! you might be able to delay only certain freqs on the same channel......(maybe someday!) :D

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
H-Audio Trinity/Ebony would be worth a shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts