DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new here as you can probably tell by my post count, I did a search for what the title of this thread says, and many pages of stuff came up, but nothing that helped me out, so here goes. I own a s2000 with a 12w7 in the trunk with a JL hd750 on it, I get a horrible rattle, a rattle that I don't think Dynomat material will even fix, the truck actually is forced away from the seal at the front part of the trunk (nearest the rear window). I've tightened up the actual locking mechanism and that stopped the trunk rattling from that end. Any suggestions on making this less of a problem? Thanks for any input you may have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4th order or 6th order bandpass enclosure, ported into the cabin.
It can be done, there is a little vent (about 3.5" x 6") behind the passenger side that goes directly into the trunk, not sure if that would be large enough to port this 12 without making a lot of unwanted wind noise though. I have already thought about this approach. Guess I'll look into it with more detail now and see if that's an option. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts