DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This little amp actually has some promise if I can do Some signal routing to another amp. I have a pioneer GM-DX874 that came with 2 high out to rca adaptors. Ill be able to split the woofer output from the Key to a set of jl c2's and then run the added rcas to a second amp powering a set of focal mid range woofers. This is an auto DSP designed for 2 channel in 4channels out. Will this "trick" the Key into processing 6 speakers 8 10 however many can be added? I get to tinker...hopefully theres no smoke!! Any input is encouraged. Will line drivers be needed or helpful?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If its doing any TA you should keep any split signal drivers close together (in your example, the midrange and midwoofer would need to be close together). Even then, what about crossovers? Sounds like this wouldn't work for your intended plan.

You could maybe get away with a full range + midbass install but the Xover selection is very limited... I would personally pass on it.

See the section of xover's

IMO the JBL 4086 is the better buy for <$240. 31 bands of eq, TA, 40x8 @ 4 ohm or 60x8 @ 2 ohm. You can do the same trick with the high level outputs to the 2nd amp.

·
Registered
105 Posts
This little amp actually has some promise if I can do Some signal routing to another amp. I have a pioneer GM-DX874 that came with 2 high out to rca adaptors. Ill be able to split the woofer output from the Key to a set of jl c2's and then run the added rcas to a second amp powering a set of focal mid range woofers. This is an auto DSP designed for 2 channel in 4channels out. Will this "trick" the Key into processing 6 speakers 8 10 however many can be added? I get to tinker...hopefully theres no smoke!! Any input is encouraged. Will line drivers be needed or helpful?
You can “trick” it in some ways but none that would use a separate amp. I’ve seen it run with components in front and coaxials in the rear on the five star YouTube channel. I’ve sent kicker an email and they said running two-way mode with a midbass and mid/tweet combo with a passive crossover is fine.

I bought one for my Leaf but am now going to use it in my Altima instead. I’m going to see if I can “trick” it in front/rear mode by running rear channels to midbass with a low pass at say 350 hz and front to mid/tweet with a high pass at say 300 hz and a passive between them. It may work. It may not. If anyone wants to donate some passive crossovers to the cause

1 - 3 of 3 Posts