DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Automotive design Audio equipment Computer hardware Material property

Hi can someone give me quick advice.
I got my amp and sub sounding good now I think. Before I put the trunk back, I have LPF AT 70HZ for my 10inch W3 trunk sub and High passed the oem underseat HK woofers at around 58hz.

Does this sound sensible? Pardon pun!

As an aside, What db slope does the lc 4.800 crossiver use? Anyone know?

· Registered
2004 Rav4 (2)JL900/5 MiniDsp 8x12(Dirac) LPG26NA GS25 Epique180-44 (2)Um12
2,362 Posts
Product Font World Brand Electric blue

Audio tools app for iPhone. This is a slightly polarizing subject but I’ve found this app extremely useful before I got into taking measurements with a nice calibrated mic and laptop. I’m planning on doing a comparison between the app and iPhone vs the umik-1 and the room eq wizard pc program when I get my current install all situated.

The jist of it is the iPhone series and microphone are very consistent in what the response is as opposed to the android platform. If you were wanting to tune a dsp with it, not a good idea but at it’s absolute worst it will show response problems in the bass to midbass transition.

We want to choose a crossover based on how flat the response is in the general area, not just some number we drum up. What happens a lot of times is there’s dips right where we think we want to put the crossover and with the response we can then consider a higher or possibly lower setting. Sometimes a setting as high as 120hz is the best choice for up front bass.
If you get the app and take a measurement some forum members, including myself will talk about what you have going on. You’re going to be surprised at how bad the response actually is.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Acoustics > fast fouriar > measurement screen.

Make sure it’s on pink noise then click the wave symbol on the bottom and turn it on. Medium volume is fine for this.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
I’m trying to pique your interest in measurements so you’ll be inclined to test the subwoofer and left and right fronts alone with pink noise.

where it says 1/3 octave change it to 1/12

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.