DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
@bbfoto is exactly right

i had a older guy bring in what was just like a cal file from his audiologist… I thought it was a complete joke….

I built the offset…. He said it was amazing….

the catch , to this day , I have no idea if it was imaging properly…. All I did was change my mic cal file and convolve it with the mic cal I had and set L and R separate based off what his left and right ear responses were

so as far as the phase goes and how good or diffuse his center was…. Haha … no clue… he said it was good , but he was a old man and probably didn’t know what he was sayin, I do remember simply running out of headroom at 6.3k on one side and had to just scrap that portion of the correction, maybe if he had high output horns it would have worked…. But for the most part I think it went ok

would be super cool to do it on someonethat knows to do it on themself and post the results
I would absolutely love feedback on that

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
That’s crazy….. it’s so intresting because I have a decent (being modest) size clientele, and a fair share are older doods that have hearing issues

not only could I help them but it’s a untapped hi-Rez market. If I could figure out how to make the amplitude adjustments and somehow validate, maybe with test tracks and have the customer sit and tell me if imaging is proper…. It would be cool to know from Analysis if it’s going to have good imaging

i think I could almost get some hearing Dr’s on board and create a referral program

ppl with hearing loss I bet would love to hear there music normal again. Wouldn’t that be something if we could figure out how exactly to do it and make it repeatable….

and what you guys are saying makes a lot of sense , especially long term degradation and then all of a sudden hearing normal probably would take getting used to…. Or if like you said there brain is rewired in a way that makes it difficult…. Interesting to say the least.

I’m going to spend some time on these link you all shared….. this is a suprisingly good topic…

my co worker wears an aid like you also said , and he has a ear eq from his phone , can focus in on long distance speech…… man, to adapt some of this into audio system performance seems a lot of possibilities

1 - 2 of 2 Posts