DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an active system. Since my DSP allows for multiple presets/modes, I was thinking of making a preset for tailgating (playing music outside the vehicle for say, a pre-concert parking lot pre-game!) Anyone ever done anything like this? Any tips?

My effort was I guess just going to be tuning as I normally would, but with the mic about 10-15 feet back from the car-- will probably take measurements from a few different points and average em. Of course will probably just measure only one side and mirror the DSP settings since it's symmetrical.

·
Registered
2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
1,614 Posts
For tailgating? Just dial in a simple curve that sounds good, mirrored both sides since I am assuming the doors are going to be open. No TA needed. Make it loud enough, may have to cut down the low midbass a bit or raise the crossover point on both midbass and sub. You want some impact but it is generally going to play louder than your in car setting, don't want to be overdriving the mids. This isn't pure sq mode. Crank it a little.

And if you have a trunk sub, it may be louder with the trunk popped open a little bit.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Big cooler, lotsa beer, no Nickelback-SUCCESS!!! GO BADGERS/PACKERS!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts