DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know how the amp ssf and gain start with like 10hz does that mean it start with 10 hz all the way down or start at 0hz? understand what i am saying?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
I don't know what that means. I'm trying to help you.

Please try to make your messages easier to understand. Take your time, write it out.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so how do I accurately set my amp?

setting the lpf ssf and gains?

Does it start from 10hz when it all the way down?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my box is 35hz so they say set it to 30hz and 80hz on the lpf

what you mean number 30 and 63?

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Your crossover points look fine.

Those numbers are on the bcae1 website. They are on the right side of the page. #30 is "electronic crossovers". #63 is "gain controls".

·
Registered
510 Posts
is english your primary language or are you just messing around?

in any case, i think you should drop any and all short-hand writing and fully explain yourself. your ISP doesn't charge by how many characters you type like a newspaper ad would.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
It's recommended to set SSF 5hz lower then the port tune, in your case 30hz. As far as the LPF start with 100hz and work your way down 'til it sounds good to you on music. Personally i'd set it no higher then 80hz, i tend to like 60hz ish lpf. Just mess with it and set it to where you like it. As far as adjusting your gain: Gain Settings
EDIT: for sealed applications you can set the SSF as low as it goes or set it to 25hz

·
Registered
898 Posts
SSF: Sub sonic filter, anything BELOW your specified number will NOT be played. EX: set it to 20Hz and that means anything below 20Hz will NOT be played.

LPF: Low Pass Filter means anything below the specified number will be played. EX: 50Hz will play 50Hz and below.

Your settings: 28 for more low end. 30 for perfect. 32 for loudness. LPF should be around 80.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
how do i know it at that setting on the amp? it doesnt click when i tune it?

Are you referring to the LP and SSF? If so, you just have to give it a shot and work your way down through out on the LP.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts