DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the OEM Boston Acoustics Speakers (doors & rear deck) in my 2010 Chevy Camaro with JL Audio C2 6 1/2" components & 6x9 3-ways. I also replaced the OEM amp with an Alpine MRP-F300. I still have the OEM head unit and dual Rockford Fosgate P1 subs with a 300w mono-amp that I installed before. After I installed the JL speakers & Alpine amp, I now get a loud "thump" sound about 2 seconds only after I turn off the radio. I checked all my wiring as well as the ground and I am still getting that thump everytime I turn off the radio.
Since this car is still fairly new, I would like to get rid of that annoying sound, so any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
remove the RCAs from the amp that is thumping and see if it still does it. if it does, then the amp is causing it. if it stops thumping, then something upstream from the amp is causing it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am having this same problem with my stereo system. It isn't the amp thats causing it, its the fact that the factory power antenna wire doesn't cut the power quick enough. I need a way of eliminating the delay in this wire. Some of you electronics gurus should be able to help me.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
PAC tr7

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts