DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
already bought the daytons lol

not sure who has tried both of these, but thought it worth a try

want to scale the budget a tad, dedicated 2 way this time want a tweet/midrange up high pointed at the driver in the pillars, that can play down to 1500, and im going to try aluminum for the added detail

so they are the same price, I have more than enough power lol

any preferences out there?

the mids will be IB in the doors

4 seas g18's (2 per door), 4 peerless exclusive 7"(2 per door), 4 seas nextels, or

some 8" dayton, peerless exclusive or seas w22

opinions?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
The Daytons have a little more air than the Seas, so I'd say good call.

My vote for mids is 2 W18NX.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I figured that too for some reason after reading all the reviews here and there

the seas seem to perform better up top, but the dayton is better down low----assuming im reading the graphs right--which is not a given :LOL

and since I need a 1.5 cross I went for the daytons up high , mids in the doors

the 3 way was too much effort and too many amps lol, but the XLS 830491 SURE WAS SWEET!!!

so yeah im looking at the w18's or the w22's only cause the hole in my panel is already 9" from the XLS

do the excels sound better sealed vs IB?? as can eaily seal the back of my door panel with wood and fiberglass for about 0.5 cuft easily

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Havent you used the Daytons before? :confused:
have you considered the Peerless Exclusive 8"? sinse you already have the holes cut that would be just a drop in... :D

Leo

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope never used the daytons of any form

to be honest I was always a tad skeptical since they are so cheap

this will be my first set to try them out ---thought id take a leap I guess
since I got a good deal on the mids at least and the tweets are rather cheap also

the exclusives look sweet and if they sound anything like the XLS I had , they they are awesome

from the few reviews I read of the 7" only, the model has a little less throw than the dayton,and the midrange is close, while the exclusive will play higher a tad cleaner

I figured I can always try the daytons, sell em,and them buy either the w22's or the peerless exclusive 8"

I keep hiding form the cost of the big boys lol, one of these days Ill bite the bullet I guess

seas, and scan speak,and audiotechnology c-quenze are the speakers Id like to try out right now

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Any other opinions on DAYTON RS28A-4 vs. SEAS (H1212) 27TBFC/G?
The Daytons have a consistency issue that you can read about here

http://zaphaudio.com/tweetermishmash/
http://www.markk.claub.net/Testing/RS28A/RS28A.htm

It has to do with increased distortion when used below 1.5kHz to 1.6kHz IIRC. You should not have a problem as long as you cross over at or above that. I also heard this year that Partsexpress getting new coils for them, don't remember the specifics so you might want to call and see.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Can you match the tweeters by measuring their resistance with a DMM? I remember someone doing that on here to ensure they minimized the difference in the quality of the Daytons

1 - 9 of 9 Posts