DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I've been lurking for a few days here on the forum so I finally decided to join. First of all, thanks for all the support and help from everyone.

I'm about to install a set of the Pioneer Premier 520's PRS's in my 02 4runner. I'm having trouble deciding what to do with the tweeter because it's to large to fit behind this factory spot and I don't want to drill holes in the panel either.

Is there any way that I could mount it over in front of the mid some how? Maybe with some of that bendable metal strapping material?? I'm using a custom made baffle so there is somewhere to screw it to.

Also, would it sound ok right in front of the mid like that? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think so. Their pretty heavy duty with an aluminum housing. Thats part of the reason it won't go behind the original spot. I would really love for them to fit there if possible.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, I'm sorry. You mean the plastic piece that's already there right?? No, I'm pretty sure they don't.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
12,571 Posts
Can you get a second pair of sail panel covers and then you'll have the regular one with factory yweets and you could mod the second set to hold aftermarket tweeters :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you get a second pair of sail panel covers and then you'll have the regular one with factory yweets and you could mod the second set to hold aftermarket tweeters :)

Thanks and yes I could do that but if I cut the panel to fit the pioneer tweet, the lip around the tweet will hang over the plastic and not mount up flush with it. It will probably look ghetto!

Think I'm just going to use a metal strip to mount it over right in front of the mid. Most things I've read say thats where it will sound the best anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts