DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, one of the terminals on my tweeter broke off completely randomly today... so i have 4-6 weeks of music with only midranges until the warranty claim gets processed and all that stuff. On the bright side though I'll use this opportunity to send the unaffected tweeter to Npdang for testing and we should get some stats on the ACA1 tweeter from the Koda component set.
Also this gave me an opportunity to listen to the mids alone without the tweeters or passives and I have to say that although the music is quite a step down in quality, these mids are able to play very high with almost no noticeable breakup mode and just some mild beaming issues, ie: strong left bias from passenger mid beaming into the driver side window. Anyway who knows... these 4-6 weeks might convince me to finally go active and sell off my comps... all this after I was finally satisfied with the sound of my front stage... heh.
Anyway I guess the overall point of this thread is to tell you guys that the Koda mid can play pretty high for a 6.5"er and that we'll all finally have some specs for the ACA1... I know I could never find any for it.

·
DIYMA lurker
802 Posts
Did the wire break off at the factory soldering point? That happened to me on my Infinities and I put some alligator clips on the stubs and soldered them on. Then I soldered some new wires to the back end of the clips. Works pretty well. PITA though.

Dan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes definitely not too impressed with the build quality, they felt flimsy from day one and now the entire terminal just fell off randomly. At least they sound good though heh.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and tokyofist, did they give you any trouble over the warranty claim? Just so I know what to expect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts