DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to figure out what is going on with my tweeters and appreciate any insight.
Basically put together a new system back in january of this year and got it tuned by a professional shop.

Front stage: Kenwood XR1700P active from an Arc Audio X2 600.4
Kenwood Excelon XR1001 Mono powering 2x 12" Americal Bass 1000wrms
Factory HU with LC2i for signal processing for front stage and bass

Worked great up until about 2 weeks ago when I first noticed the tweeters "crackling" on certain tracks. Not necessarily when the volume is at max. The system is tuned to 36 volume and I dont usually go past 30 only sometimes with average listening at 25. The lowest i have heard the tweeters acting up was volume 10 and again its only on some tracks. On the higher volumes like 30 when they "crackle" it a horrrible sound almost like with the old tvs when you would switch a channel and it went to that white no signal screen. I thought it was the tweeters so I got warranty on the old ones but it seems to be doing it still with the new ones. I took it back to the shop and they said the tune looks ok from their end. What could this possibly be or what can I do next to test? Is it possible its the amp? I will be changing my front stage to some morel speakers soon and an aftermarket HU so I really dont wanna have the issue carry over.

All help is appreciated

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
it could be you are clipping your amp, or if you are using passive x-over it can be issue with condensators (old/dry). Also, check all connections between tweeter and amp (RCA and speakercables), in case of active system, check Hi-pass on DSP/HU

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it could be you are clipping your amp, or if you are using passive x-over it can be issue with condensators (old/dry). Also, check all connections between tweeter and amp (RCA and speakercables), in case of active system, check Hi-pass on DSP/HU
Th gain on the amp for the tweeter channels is all the way down. Connections are also good, I went through all of them.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had a similar issue in my current setup using my factory head unit (Honda) with Audiocontrol LCQ-1 and I see you’re using their LOC.

The Audiocontrol has a clipping indicator but I found I needed to turn the levels down or I would get a similar sound from my tweeters. For this installation, if I set the gains as per their guide until the clipping indicators flicker then backed off slightly I would have the noise.

Try turning down the gains on the LOC.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts