DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
ROCKY TOP
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
The fact that the bolt is actually threading into the body of the car (assuming that its the case) still makes it a ground, definitely not a GREAT ground but nonetheless a ground. An EZ or quick fix would be to add a star washer and/or a copper washer between the wire terminal and the bolt head and also make sure that the bolt itself, or the threads it goes into, are not themselves painted.

All that said of course an even EASIER fix would be to have the installer who did it, f do all that or find another, better ground point. LOL!!!
Dont even get me started i am gonna move the ground over, scrape the paint add a star washer and be done with it...its amazing how i have always done the work myself in the past and had zero noise issues, take it to a shop and its shitty..and another screwup is the installer didnt use the remote out f my dsp to my amps. had to run the wire for that as well, i will never go back there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Gonna dmm her this weekend but i just think it looks like a shitty ground... no paint or anything sanded off
Actually i am just hoping its a bad ground and that will fix my noise issues i will be damn happy then
Hope is not a great strategy.

You could test it and see how much of an issue it is BEFORE you "fix" it.
If the ground is already good, then you would know you need to look elsewhere.

If not then this could turn into one of those deals where solutions are bocaccied out with no methodological process to determine if they are needed, useful or appropriate.

But maybe it is all that is needed?
Who knows?

·
ROCKY TOP
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hope is not a great strategy.

You could test it and see how much of an issue it is BEFORE you "fix" it.
If the ground is already good, then you would know you need to look elsewhere.

If not then this could turn into one of those deals where solutions are bocaccied out with no methodological process to determine if they are needed, useful or appropriate.

But maybe it is all that is needed?
Who knows?
Oh yeah im definately going to check it with the dmm before i do anything i was just hoping it woukd be that so it woukd be an easy fix...my luck the damn ground is probably good to go then i will keep chasing the damn noise gremlin

·
Premium Member
3,538 Posts
Oh yeah im definately going to check it with the dmm before i do anything i was just hoping it woukd be that so it woukd be an easy fix...my luck the damn ground is probably good to go then i will keep chasing the damn noise gremlin
Probably...

But if you run a tiny wire from the battery "-" to the DMM, then check the voltage drop between the ground and that little wire with everything playing.
0 V(olts) means do not touch that ground.

(Everything needs to be playing, and drawing current, for this test to be meaningful.)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Once you get jl vxi much better to go optical,also with dual knob (drc 205) much easier to control bass ,I am using my phone s9+ with audioquest dragonfly cobalt to gs9 (with aux) then optical to vxi,got great results(especially instruments separation)

·
ROCKY TOP
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Once you get jl vxi much better to go optical,also with dual knob (drc 205) much easier to control bass ,I am using my phone s9+ with audioquest dragonfly cobalt to gs9 (with aux) then optical to vxi,got great results(especially instruments separation)
Ive decided to just keep my twk88 and not buy the vxi but i will be using optical and the drc-205

41 - 47 of 47 Posts