DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. I've been doing a lot of reading here. Great forum!!!

Here's my situation.. I have some Focal K2P's coming in and i wanted to get some opinions on tweeter placement. Right now, i have two sets of tweets which are DLS (one set on the dash near the a pillars and the other set on my sail panels). The reason why i did this was so that i can swtich to the tweets in the sail panels for outside listening and when i'm driving i switch to the tweets on the dash.

Now, this time around i would just like to ask the sound difference between the sail panels and having the tweets on the dash? For me, it sounded like i had more depth with the tweets on the dash. I'm not an SQ expert so I really wouldn't know.

Since i have the K2p's coming in I want it to get loud for outside listening but i don't want to have to buy another set of K2P tweets (can't afford it right now). Would i have a good sound stage if i just installed the tweets in the sail panel?

Any suggestions or feedback would be great. Thanks...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've read through the treads and i'm just trying to see anybody with an expedition could have some insight on this.. I know to try different locations but i'm hoping somebody has other input.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tweets in the sail panels will have much larger pathlength discrepancies and shorter overall pathlengths as compared to further away from the listener, up the dash placement. Your soundstage will benefit from the exact inverse.

You could always buy some cheaper separate tweeters for outside if you're so concerned with it. I'm certain something from PE or Madisound or ebay would have ball-park similar specs if you're running passives.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i guess i should stick with my dash placement then and move on to the sail panels when i can actually afford focal tweets for my sail panels..

anymore input would be great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
only thing i don't like about the dash placement though is that there is a huge hump on the dash on the drivers side. it makes the tweeter look like it's in a weird position.

you think on the a pillars with the PVC trick would be good?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts