DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Tweeter still crackling above 40mph no matter what I do, please help

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteGhost 
#1 ·
So I recently installed a JBL 602c in the front and the JBL 622 in the back with a Kicker 46CXA660.5T powering those speakers (2015 Subaru wrx) (No sub yet) I have had the sound system running for about a month and a half and had no problems, but I have run into one that makes no sense on what is causing the crackling. I have switched the tweeters (no fix, the same side still has the problem) switched the RCA Cables, checked the crossover box and reseated the wires, checked the wiring to the tweeter (which did have a loose wire), Checked the wires at the amp, and nothing that I have done has fixed the loud crackling with the tweeter I have. It is only when I get above 40mph and it is a loud crackle but as soon as I go below 40 it stops, It was not doing this before and I have no idea why it is doing this at all

I had this same problem before with the factory tweeter and wiring and even switching the factory tweeters around still had the same problem on the same side, but my new audio was fine until 2 weeks ago. I can only think it is the crossover going bad, can anyone help me?

#4 ·
What audio source are you using? You said the problem was there with the oem tweeter and came back with the new one. I would start at one end of your system and work down the audio signal. Try switching the left and right tweeter rca from the output of your source. Does the noise change sides?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.